109

- Soyeon's POV -

Elite is...wow. The colors, the design. It's all almost overwhelming. No wonder trying to get in this place is like trying to get into law school.

My shift started a little while before opening. I think I'm going to like working here. I get staff privileges so I get to enter through a fancy, spinny side door that is also work key activated. And the key car is gold. Gold! With a custom engraving, mine being "Kang Taehee."

I have a new life. New name. New job. New home. I have a very, very small slither of happiness coming to work because I feel normal. Like a sexy Sodol city girl minus the sexy. I can't think about what the club is really a front for. It will send shivers down my spine.

Kang Taehee can't be a scaredy cat. Taehee is strong. Confident. Sexy. I'll slow down on that last part. But Kang Taehee is going to be everything I wish I was growing up.

And this mindset lasted ten minutes after I walked through Elite's door. All these waitresses were like supermodels. The girls were tall, slim, dark hair. The guys had the face of Timothee Chalamet and the build of Omari Hardwick.

I'm not as tall or as slim or as beautiful as my co-workers. When I tried even talking to one of them, I choked on my words and disappeared behind the bar. Taehee isn't so different from Soyeon it looks like. UGH! This Valium doesn't do shit!

??: Are you Taehee?

Me: Yeah. That's me.

??: Hi there, I'm Tony. I'm your manager.

Me: Hi, Tony.

He reached his hand out to shake mine. I flinched back, stumbling on my red bottoms that I had bought earlier. Tony chuckled and took his hand back. The men's uniform matched the women's suit, minus the sequins. They wore black shirts and red ties and the girls wore these skin tight, black t-shirt dresses that had a v-neck cut that wasn't too steep. Shoes are our choice and I really regret choosing Louis Vuitton's.

Tony: Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you.

Me: Not your fault. I'm just...I'm nervous. First day jitters.

Tony: I get it. But you have nothing to worry about here. Staff is like family here. And Mr. Kim is great. He'll take good care of you.

Me: Cool. Thank you.

Tony: Don't get out of the house much do you?

Me: *giggling* Not really. No.

Tony: Well, this is a hell of a job to get you socialized. Anyways. Your job is super simple. Be pretty and hand drinks to rich people. Can you do that?

Me: Yeah I think I can manage.

Tony: Great. Over there is Kaylee. If I'm not available, talk to her if you need anything.

Me: Okay. Thank you.

Tony: Good luck, Taehee.

The second the doors opened, the club was booming. There are so many people coming in at once. Outside, there is a line going down for blocks. Even some people that I recognize from people watching in my semi basement made it out here. They must have been saving for months for the trip.

I passed out drinks just like Tony said. Champagne. Rum. Martinis, Moscato, and Sex on the Beach. From preppy party girls to gross frat boys to dirty business men. All of them here. All of them dancing, drinking and living. And somehow, not a single person disrespected me or my space aside from the occasional accidental bump. And get this, I didn't lose my shit. Maybe this Valium is working.