108

- Soyeon's POV -

I woke up again, noon, alone again, in his bed again.

This bed. This room. Everything around here is immaculate. Here I am, Lee Soyeon, in the tallest room in the tallest building in Sodol. I'm on top of everyone and everything. There are doctors, entrepreneurs, and politicians in this building. And they are all sleeping under me.

Wow. This is how my luck turns around.

I freshened up and went out to the rest of the house. It's so quiet up here. No rumbling of the heating system. No ticks in the clocks. You can't hear the stuffy Sodol traffic and honking horns from all the way up here. Everything is just still.

I held on tight to the glass railing, going down the stairs. The place smelled clean. Fresh. The maid service has just been up here. At the bottom of the steps, sitting on the couch was JJ, hunched over and waiting for me.

JJ: Finally. You're awake.

Me: Yeah. Hi. Where is-

JJ: Namjoon is working.

Me: Oh. Then what are you doing up here?

JJ: I'm your muscle, remember?

Me: That doesn't mean you can watch me sleep.

JJ: Don't flatter yourself I wasn't even in that room. I'm not allowed up there.

Me: May you please leave? I'm not even wearing pants.

JJ: No can do.

Me: I thought I only need you when I'm going out.

JJ: No. You need me whenever Namjoon isn't around himself. I'm here on his word not yours. We're going to be spending some time together. The quicker you get used to me the better.

Me: I'm going back upstairs.

JJ: Soyeon. I'm just here to make sure nothing happens to you. Not to fight.

Me: Cool. Bye.

JJ: Namjoon told me to remind you to take your medicine. Did you do that?

Me: No, it's in my room.

JJ: Then let's go to your room. And then find you some pants.

Me: Okay.

JJ: After you.

Out of respect, JJ didn't follow me into my room. I changed into the last pair of jeans that weren't shot through and tied up Namjoon's shirt with a hair tie. I took the Valium, hoping it really would help be at something close to ease.

When I opened the door, JJ was right outside, along with the other security guards lurking and blocking any possible entrance.

Me: You're still here?

JJ: I'm not leaving your side, Soyeon.

Me: Ugh.

JJ: *laughing* Why are you so distasted by me?

Me: I'm not. Sorry. I'm not exactly a people person.

JJ: You don't want to sit in here all day do you?

Me: I don't know.

JJ: Do you want to go out somewhere? Get something to eat?

Me: No. I'm not hungry.

JJ: Come on, Soyeon. I'm trying. You have to meet me halfway.

He phone went off as he came inside the room. After seeing the screen he answered swiftly, laying his gun down on the coffee table, pointing it away from me while scratching the top of his head.