110

- Namjoon's POV -

Soyeon was right. I lied earlier. I do have a secret, but it's not something in my control. It's you, your moms, your dads, your brothers and sisters and friends and bosses that make me this way. It's society. And society fucking loves me. Not being vain. It's the truth. And this truth is proved to me every fucking day. Because in the two types of people in this world, there are subunits in each. The followers and the leaders.

And people love to follow.

Now, that's not a bad thing. Loyalty is the backbone of society.

Heh. Loyalty. Loyalty is exactly how people like me get to be who I am. A control fein. I'll admit to it. When people fall at your feet, it's not hard to exercise that control. Again, thanks to all your loyalists.

Loyalty is an incredible thing to me. Especially when it's blind. Take my men for example. Someone like JJ. I say and JJ does. Or the other night, when we had that very late meeting. Those boys left the penthouse like they were on a mission. My word is gospel. But you can't sell that your word is gospel without confidence. Another "secret" of mine. Just fucking confidence. And confidence gives you influence.

Imagine if you had the confidence to influence people like that. Imagine all the things you could do in the world. One blink and you could have poverty completely eradicated. Two blinks you could have every sinner hanged. Three blinks you could nuke the entire Western Hemisphere, and those minions you have working for you would still bow to your every command.

Influence...a lot of people undervalue that word. Influence isn't being pretty and quirky on social media. It isn't dipping your face in makeup or peeling it off with those essentially acid skin care products. Influence is having that undying loyalty for others without even moving a finger. It's being a leader without being appointed.

Why do you think we have all those bullshit pageant shows. Ms. America, Ms. Universe. Despite popular opinion, those shows aren't about "beauty". Beauty is only a very very small piece of the pie. Those pageant shows don't give two shits about a pretty face if you don't have the confidence to get people to follow you. When you do, that's called influence. It takes confidence to have influence, and influence to make change.

Your goal should be that: influence to make change. Shit, once you have that, you're fucking unstoppable. You're powerful. That's how you get all that loyalty.

That's me. I'm powerful. It's not your fault if you're not, some people are really just born with it. It's a recessive gene.

In my life, I've never met someone like Soyeon. Someone who could neither fit into the follower or leader category. She's different. She's trapped in her own mind. She doesn't trust someone to lead her and she doesn't trust herself to have followers.

Don't you ever wonder what you could do to someone? Sometimes you look at them and just think to yourself, "How far can I go before they break?" I do when I think about Soyeon. She's not exactly doe eyed, but when she stares up at me, it gives that illusion.

Cute. Not a supermodel, but very, very cute. And her voice is like that of a songbird in the morning that seems to be respecting your sleeping schedule. And her lips, her pouty lips, they scream at me. Beg for me. Plead for me to meet them.

Don't you worry, Soyeon. If you let me, I will.

I had a clear day. I spent it with her and she took me up and down the city, exchanging the clothes she bought for things that she found more comfortable. In the middle of the trip, her attitude changed from Soyeon to scared Soyeon.

From what I could see, someone had looked at her the wrong way. It wasn't threatening, but enough to make her stomach turn. She stared up at me with those puppy eyes, asking me to come into the dressing room with her while a trembling finger pointed to the man who looked at me. I followed her in. She sat on the little bench until her breathing slowed down.