A sudden burst of mana. To the point, the man trembled.

Again, the enemies started to act off. The man used his skill to see the clones again.

He was even more surprised.

"Midnight Terror." The man spoke out loud. The feeling of disbelief and elation filled him. He then held a determined gaze. His eyes glowed a deeper shade of red.

The man then concealed himself and sensed where the sudden burst of mana came from.

'Even if you try to conceal it with Dark magic, I can still feel it.' The man headed towards the place where he felt the huge source of mana. He laughed at what he saw.

'To think it was this.'

"Now I wondered what was going on." The man announced. He was happy with what he saw.

"Master!!"

"What's going on Master?!"

"Calm you two. I know you're confused. I'm also dumbfounded by what happened. It seems this mission has more to offer." The man smiled as he looks at the boy riding the horse.

'Midnight Terror. So this is your appearance.'

The man activated a skill, no one saw the action he did. He suddenly appeared and carried the child in his arms.

"To think I would find such treasure."

The man was satisfied with the child's expression. Although he felt something off.

'Looking at it clearly, isn't this child destroying himself by using almost all his mana.'

Inspecting more closely, the man could only be more confused and at the same time intrigued.

'Something's surrounding the child. It must be the one eating away his mana. But to think even in this state, he still overpowered me.'

The man decided. After looking at the child, he was certain.

'You're mine.'

"ROYSE!!!"

"I think you're worth more than those royalties." The man stated as he smiled at the child in his arms.

The man let out a satisfied expression as he knew that the boy understood his current level compared to him.

'To think Midnight Terror would show this kind of expression.'

"You're not the only one with Dark attribute, my little kitten."

"Let go of Royse!!!!"

'Tsk, what an obstacle. Shadow Partition.' The man unleashed a wall surrounding the noble.

"F-Father.." The boy tried to shout. Visible that he was in pain.

'So that's his father. Not much of a resemblance though.'

"Announce retreat to everyone left." The man stated.

"B-but Master!" The figure asked as he was confused.

"It's fine. Our plan is foiled, but it's not as if we didn't gain anything from it."