Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Your Highnesses! Are you hurt?!" Rushes a group of Knights towards the royal family.

"I'm fine, what about the others?" Asks the king as he surveyed the knights.

"Everyone is safe. It's as if we were protected. The enemy seemed to act weird." Reported the head knight.

"As if they are being attacked by an invisible figure." William interrupted.

"The white-haired man said Midnight terror a while ago." Henry followed. William frowned from hearing the name.

"We are not sure, but one thing I can say. I wasn't able to feel any magic in our surroundings." The King announced.

"Indeed father. There was a moment where the enemy regained their control." William stated.

"That white-haired man seemed to be their leader.."

--------------------------------------------------------

"Stand back!" Announces the head knight.

"Master, how should I deal with them?"

"Whatever way you want. As long as the 2 kids stay alive." The white-haired man went towards a tree and leaned on it. One could tell he was bored.

'Of course, those bastards would prefer to take royalties like this.'

The white-haired man evaded the attacks directed to him and easily defeated the guards.

'But I didn't expect it would work. Using the animals as bait to separate the nobles. Although it's troublesome that some animals attacked us.'

"ArRdghhhh!!!!" Shouted one of the enemies.

"What's happening?" The guards stare at the enemies. They were acting as if they were affected by some sort.

'What's this...'

The white-haired man inspected more closely.

'Unravel eyes.' The man triggered his skill. He didn't expect what he saw.

'Clones. And a child.'

The man smirked. Feeling a sense of excitement from the revelation.

"There's more to this mission. Let's see how you react to this." The man muttered.

'Nullification boundary!'

The clones started to vanish and soon the enemies regained their control. The man sighed as he feels his mana drained.

'As expected, this skill really takes a lot of mana. But those clones a while ago. This should be interesting. Maybe after this mission, I'll search for that child.'

The man watched the battle unfold before him. Satisfied from watching how the guards fend off their enemies without the use of their skills.

Just a few seconds.

He didn't expect the other to retaliate in just a matter of seconds.