Chapter 47

Everyone was tense.

Medics were all over the place as they were busy tending to the injured. Adventurers were helping alongside the knights in searching for any people trapped in the kingdom.

The cast stood inside the tent. While Mark, Franz, and Damien were there, Juli and Moran were currently with their family's army.

Everyone was silent as they waited for the 2 figures.

Elsie glanced at the sleeping lady.

Amelie was reverted back to her form and showed no abnormalities. A serene expression showed on her face as she slept.

William paced back and forth.

"What's taking them so long?" He whispers as he bites his nail.

They suddenly hear the citizens shouting from outside the tent. Soon, the tent opened, revealing the light user.

She walked in the middle and stopped.

Everyone rushed to her side. They glanced behind her and saw no redhead following after.

"Where's Rosey?" Rohesia asked.

When Amy showed a grim expression, everyone stiffened.

They became silent, praying it wasn't what they thought.

Rohesia trembled as if understanding the message behind the lady's expression. She walked closer towards the light user and took her hand.

"Amy-san, where is R-Rosey?" She asks once more.

Her eyes trembled as she examined the light user.

When she opened her mouth, she finally informed everyone.

"He's gone..."

A few seconds of silence was given before everyone registered what she said.

"What? H-He's gone?" Rohesia whispers wide-eyed. She tightened her grip over the light user's hand.

"A-Amy-san, please don't joke..." Rohesia nervously laughed. Her body trembled as she studied Amy's expression.

"Rosey must be out there right? He was with you right?" She asks once more.

Everyone was silent as they still processed the news.

Amy held a down-casted gaze. Her bangs covered her eyes as she bit her lips.

"He's gone..." She whispers this time.

As if cold water was doused, the colour left the redhead's face.

Rohesia fell to the ground as she shouted her cries. Large drops of tears escaped and landed on the ground. Her hand clenched tight as she wept. Catherine kneeled beside her, patting her back while tears of her own also escaped.

William and Henry were in disbelief, repeating after what Amy said.

Carl and Milivoj allowed their tears to fall as they mourn.

Mark felt numb from the news and stood still. Franz who was beside him placed his hand over his shoulder.

Elsie who stood by the side was lost for words. Her hands covered her mouth while her eyes went wide in horror.

Damien was quiet.

Had he been the same person as before, he wouldn't give much thought. But now, the half-blood could sympathize with the others.