Chapter 31

Tears trickled down his cheeks.

The older male became alarmed by his tears and panicked. He grabs his handkerchief and immediately wiped his tears.

The younger male couldn't believe the dam finally let loose and escaped from his eyes.

Of all timing, it just had to be with the older male.

Rewinding what happened hours prior to this scene, Royse was spending his day like usual.

He attended his classes, continued to feign his listening to his professors. Made sure to check up on his sister and the rest.

Everything was fine but really, he knew that everything won't go his way.

Just one sentence was the cause for everything to go downhill.

The famous redhead can be seen sitting on the bench. Preoccupied with a book, passerby's knew not to disturb the fellow.

His other 2 friends were the only ones to take a seat beside him.

Royse removed his attention from his book and greeted the two.

"Finished in submitting your reports?" He asks.

Elsie weakly nods. "Yes. I thought that the topic given to me would be easy, but, it seems I still lack the ability to write a good one without Royse's and Amelie-san's assistance..."

The blonde furrows her brows at her friends' words. "Please don't say that. The professor made sure to voice his compliment at your improvement did he not? I believe that is worth for you to be proud of..."

Elsie chuckled. "Amelie-san, don't worry. I am sad at my performance but it just gives me a reason to challenge myself." The brunette smiled, assuring their friend.

Amelie heaved out a relieved exhale and nodded.

"If there's anyone that should be worried, it should be us Amelie'san." Elsie spoke.

The blond tilted her head. "Why so?"

Elsie turns her head in every direction, checking to see if there was anyone near them.

The brunette went closer to the blond's ear and whispered. "Have you heard? Rumours are floating around that the Emor household contacted a virus."

Royse heard Elsie's words and glanced at the two. Despite his unfazed expression outside, the redhead was slowly panicking.

Of all gossips Elsie had to share, it just had to be that one.

Amelie stilled at the info she heard and was in disbelief.

The brunette frowned. "That's why I'm worried if Amelie-san is not feeling well. Please tell us if you feel faint." Her concern was evident in her voice.

"Promise us that ok?"

Amelie regained her composure and lets out a weak nod, still not believing the news she heard.

The brunette turns her head towards the redhead. "That reminds me, I heard rumours of Royse being there with the other seniors."

Amelie gazed at Royse as she also looked at him in disbelief.

Cold sweat trickled down the redheads' nape as he prayed for Elsie to stop her mouth from blabbering any further rumours.

As if adding more to his worries, Elsie spotted the familiar older blond and older redhead walking in their direction.