Chapter 27

Royse walked alongside Amy.

"You know, I noticed that your hair's been getting longer." She comments.

Upon hearing her words, the redhead fiddles with a strand of his locks.

"Yeah. My hair grows fairly quick so I often trim it, but recently I forgot about it." He explains.

Only now did he realize that his hair was reaching his shoulder.

He sighs. "I should head to the salon soon." Although his mother would probably tell him to grow it out seeing how she gushed at the thought of him having longer hair.

He lets go of the strand. "What about you? Any plans in growing it out?"

Amy shrugs. "I prefer my hair short. Having it long would just hinder me."

"Understandable. You've finally decided to try out for the knights right?" He asks.

"Yeah."

It was a surprise to everyone when Amy declared her decision.

After the past school years of Milivoj persuading Amy, she finally accepted. No one knows why she changed but Royse suspected that it had something to do with Milivoj.

When Royse asked Amy regarding it, he was surprised by what he heard.

"He's a meathead but I admit that he's good in reading other peoples' feelings from time to time."

Amy didn't elaborate anything further but it confirmed his suspicion that Milivoj was probably aware of Amy's sudden depressed mood. The older male probably comforted her as well, causing the lady to change.

Royse smiles at the thought.

It seems the two of them were finally speaking with each other properly. Royse was sure that Amy will tell Milivoj the things he wanted to know. Probably not now, but in the near future.

Returning his attention to his friend, Royse spoke. "I'm sure the kingdom is in for a surprise when the 3 of you becomes a knight."

Amy grins. "Oh they better be. I'll be rising up the ranks in no time." She proudly declared.

They soon neared Amy's classroom and was surprised to see the cast standing by the entrance.

"Why is everyone gathered?" Amy asks.

They were even more surprised to see the cast sporting the same expression. Sensing the atmosphere, Royse and Amy knew something was wrong.

After seeing Rohesia's expression, they became alarmed.

His sister was pale as horror painted her expression. Her hands trembled as her gaze solely focused on the ground.

Both Amy and Royse rushes towards her.

"What's wrong?" Amy asks.

"Sis, did something happen?"

A hand patted Royse's shoulder. He turns his head towards the owner and saw William looking at him with a frown.

"It's best if we are to explain while we go."

Just like that, everyone starts walking down the hall. Both Amy and Royse was confused. It was clear that they'll be leaving the academy, but where were they going?

A few of their questions were answered when Royse and Amy suddenly had a headache.

Sweat trickled down their forehead as they recognized the feeling.