Chapter 32

"You guys better know what you're getting into." The white-haired male glared at the people inside the room.

They all scoffed as they look at the male in irritation.

"You may be entitled us our leader and we are grateful for the fact that you provided us connection but remember this, you are just a damn slave." A man spoke.

He looks at everyone in the room, spreading his arms as he announced. "Let's not listen to this slave's words. If we are successful, we will be heavily rewarded!"

Men cheered from the words. Their roars echoed within their base, cheering their mugs as they drank till their heart's content.

The man from before strode towards the white-haired male and smirked, taunting him despite knowing how strong the white-haired male was.

"You may be the oldest of us here, but remember this, our group, no us humans were the ones to take you in and hone you." He pats the male's shoulder. "Treat us like your seniors, demon. Make sure to do your job correctly."

The man soon left after whispering his message and joined the others in celebrating.

The white-haired male gritted his teeth and left. Stomping his feet as he exits their base.

Leaving the place, he punches the wall, leaving a dent in the process.

"Damn it!" He snarls.

"You ok?" A female voice asks.

Not surprised by the sudden presence, the white-haired male spoke. "Yeah. I had expected this months ago but to think she broke her promise." He chuckled. "Well, not surprising, considering how she is." Now the problem at hand was how he should act next.

"What do you plan to do?" The female accomplice asks.

"We're leaving. You know the effects it did to our men. I thought I'd be able to keep control of that damn 10th seat. Seems I was wrong." The white-haired male furrows his brows.

He looks up and remembers a redheaded figure.

"It seems we'll need to go to my connection."

Boy would this be a headache for him.

------------

A loud thud can be heard.

There on the table lay a spilt ink. The papers were soaked by it, covering it in a dark shade along with the table.

None of the tenants in the room paid attention to the mess.

"Did I not tell the baron to lay low? If you are fearful of what is to come, then do yourself a favour by keeping your mouth shut." A venomous voice spoke.

"Keeping my mouth shut? The Baroness sure is familiar with vulgar words. Are you not the one responsible for executing the plan?! I have been spending my remaining riches to buy off the lawyers!" The man refuted, replicating the tone.

The baroness scoffed. "Yes, I admit I am the one to have planned it but do know that Evan is your people. Who was the person to propose Evan be the one to sneak the virus?" The baroness glared at the baron before her. "I had a different person in my mind to do it, yet I gave my faith in you that you would accomplish your role."