Chapter 14

"Hey there." Royse greets.

The girl jumped in surprise and turned in Royse's direction. She opened her mouth and stuttered.

The redhead chuckled at the display as he brings his hand over for a shake. "I am Royse Frostenden. May I know your name?"

"Uh, Elsie- Elsie Wilk." She shakes his hand and immediately retreated it.

"Mind if I take a seat?" He asks. The girl shook her head and blushed as she gazed at the boy's features.

"I noticed you back in class. You seemed to be alone most of the time."

"O-oh. Yeah." She looks down on her lap as she sported a sad smile. "I don't really know anyone here." The girl explained as she fidgeted and played with her skirt.

Royse smiled. "Then, would you like to spend time with me?"

The girl rose her head and looks at him wide-eyed.

"R-really?"

The redhead nods. "We are in the same class after all. The only people I know of are in 3rd year, so I spend my time alone often."

"T-then, I'll be gladly accepting the offer." The girl stuttered as she smiled.

Royse chuckles. "I'll be in your care."

"Uhm- Royse-san."

"Just Royse is fine."

"O-ok. Where did Royse train?"

The redhead looks at the girl causing her to avert her gaze elsewhere. "I mean, Royse is so strong. Even the professor seemed to have difficulties battling you.." She trailed.

"I'm surprised, the professor hid it well but you noticed it."

Elsie blushed as she scratched her cheeks in embarrassment. "My family are known for training us the art of battle."

"Then you must be familiar with it." Royse replies in awe. Elsie nods. "Yes, but rather than that, I wish to battle as a mage." The girl clenched her skirt. The redhead noticed the expression.

"Are you not allowed to?" He asks.

The girl shook her head. "It's not that I am not allowed. I-I lack the mana to wield my attribute..." She trailed.

Ah, this was a common occurrence in the world. A person unable to reach their goal all because they didn't meet a certain requirement.

Royse hummed as he brings his index finger below his chin. He smiles wide causing the girl to be confused.

"Might I suggest a method?" He asks.

The girl tilted her head. "Method?"

The redhead nods. "Yes. A method that doesn't consume a lot of mana. It works well for those that are working towards being a mage."

Elsie beamed and gazed with new vigour. "Is it possible?" She asks.

Royse nods. "Yes, though it will be a lot more difficult than the usual practices, I guarantee it helps." He assures.

Elsie grips her skirt and looks at Royse determined.

"Yes. Please teach me." She exclaims.

Royse smiles from her expression. "Then, we will start our training by tomorrow in my place."

Elsie blinked in surprise and became wide-eyed after registering his words.

"Y-your place?" She stutters.