Story

The tavern was full of adventurers. The smell of booze lingered in the air, something that they were accustomed to.

The building was filled with boisterous voices, laughs that could be heard from outside. While others cheered and enjoyed their drinks and meal, a few stayed to speak with their team members in planning their next adventure.

This was a common sight in every tavern. This was a place where adventurers get to relax and enjoy their time. Whether they only wish to spend some time alone or to find a company, the tavern was the best place for it.

A man happily chugged his drink. He finished it in one gulp and lets out a satisfied huff as he removed the mug from his mouth.

"That hits the spot!" He exclaims.

The person before him smiles as they watch the man enjoy the drink. They propped their cheek on their palm and spoke. "Glad to know."

The man lets out a laugh. "Beer tastes better when you're not paying for it BWAHAHAHA!" He then examined the person in front and hiccuped. "Since you paid for my drink and also beat up those goons, then I better continue my story."

The person simply smiled as they nod.

The man then continued. "Right, where was I?" Another hiccup left his lips as he traced back to where he left off in his story.

His eyes widened when he remembered. "Right! That kid!" He wore a thoughtful expression next. "What was his name again?" A low hum could be heard coming from the man.

"Oh, that Frosden! Wait, Frosty? Or was it DenDen?"

The person could only laugh out loud at all the man's wrong attempts. They knew the alcohol was getting to the man and was amused by the sight.

The man shook his head, giving up on getting the name right. "BAh! Whatever his name is, I'm sure you know him as Estrela's recent hero. He's a kid that saved the people from some enemy. Anyway, that's old story." The man waved his mug. 

"You see I was there in the fight!" He proudly puffed his chest and used his free hand to bump his fist over it. "I battled against those shadow beasts! Did you know how many they were!? They were an army! But they're no match for me! BWAHAHAHAA!!!"

The person smiled as they continued listening.

"But ya know! I can never compare to the kid! I saw it with my own eyes. The kid battled alongside the Saint Knight!!! Man, they were a duo I tell ya!" The man wore his admiration right on his sleeve as he reminisces the incident in Estrela.

A sigh left his mouth.

"Jus' a pity the kid decided to sacrifice 'em self." Another hiccup left his lips. "He could be an S-rank adventurer. Could be even a guildmaster when he grows up."

The man then frowned before he shook his head and rose his mug in the air. "But whatever the case is! I had the honour to see 'em close!"

He slammed the mug back down on the table, causing it to rattle from the force. The man gazed at the person. "Ya know, when I saw you beat the crap out of those goons earlier, I thought you looked similar to that kid."

The person smiled and narrowed their eyes. "Really? How so?"

The man hummed as he examined the person. "Dunno, but your aura is the same. The way you fought with the stick resembles the kid when he used his scythe."

The person processed his words before laughing at his conclusion.

"I'm flattered!" They exclaim.

A new presence made the person turn their head behind. A beast figure entered the building and immediately landed his eyes over the person.