Chapter 22

Royse hummed a tune as he reads a book.

"You seem to be in a good mood."

Startled, Royse turns towards the source of the voice. Elsie and Amelie greeted him as they carried their own copy of textbooks in their arms.

Elsie bounced on his side. "Did something happen?" She asks with glimmering eyes.

Royse recently found out that the brunette had a habit of listening to gossips or any news. Though he's glad that Elsie only keeps it for herself. Still, he didn't expect the girl to be interested in any topics as long as it wasn't related to their lessons. Math especially.

The redhead chuckled. "Yes."

Elsie scooted closer. "Can you tell us?"

Royse looks at the brunette with a teasing gaze. "Elsie is quite interested I see."

She blushed as she giggled. She takes her seat beside the redhead with a flustered smile. "It's because it's rare for Royse to be in such a good mood." She reasons.

"Well, you're not wrong. Recently, I came to an agreement with someone regarding my privacy." Royse explains.

After his visit to the castle, the queen had told him that she'll speak to her sons regarding their conversation. She'd ask them to leave Royse alone as he was currently in a difficult position. The redhead had to refrain himself from hugging the queen.

Needless to say, the twins became more considerate of him and was more careful of their actions.

Ah, he could feel himself almost tearing up.

Elsie nods in understanding and opened her textbook. Just as she was about to start reading, she remembers something and turns her attention back at the redhead.

"I heard Royse was invited to join the council meeting." She states.

Amelie blinked in surprise towards the redhead as she took her seat. "Really?" She asks.

Royse nods. "I visited the castle to talk about the matter regarding me joining the student council. I didn't expect his highness William to invite me to the actual council." Royse explains with an irritated gaze. "He didn't include that in the letter." He heaved out a sigh as he returns his attention to his book.

Elsie giggled. "Royse truly wants to spend his days in peace."

The redhead turns towards the brunette and huffed. "Of course. I am quite busy back at home, at the very least, I hope my time in the academy will be spent peacefully."

Though he knew that would be impossible since he'd be occupied with the future events waiting to happen.

He then noticed Amelie staring at him with a distracted gaze. With a tilt of his head, Royse called out to the girl.

"Amelie, is there something wrong?" He asks.

That brought the girl out of her daze. She smiles and shook her head. "Nothing. Royse is indeed quite talented." She praises.

The redhead became flustered. "Thank you."

"I knew you 3 would be here." Another voice came and they all turned towards the direction.

Catherine waved her hand and smiled. Her golden locks swaying with each of her steps.

Royse smiled as he returns the action. "What brings Catherine-onee sama here?" He asks.

"I'll be straight to the point, would you 3 like to join me in a gathering this coming week?"

The brunette became surprised. When she processed Catherine's words, her eyes sparkled at the offer but sadly smiled when she remembers something.