Chapter 18

"The news has dwindled huh." Amy comments as she reads the newspaper.

Royse groaned at his friend's words. He heaves out a sigh recalling the events that happened.

When they exploited the merchant, it made quite an impact on the people. It shouldn't have but because the trio were the ones who did most of the job, well, it was normal for the people to voice their opinions.

Even if Royse was famous for his knowledge and wisdom, people still accounted for the fact that he had yet to come of age.

There were also disputes.

Royse gained the upper hand over the commoners but as for the aristocracies, those that also partake in illegal deals, they targeted him. They tried to find a way to not have themselves also exposed. They voiced their complaints to act as a cover, saying that the redhead was an embarrassment to the nobility for not relying on the adults and deciding for himself to handle it. Even using the info of them originating from the orphanage to reason the sibling's reckless actions.

As for Amy, they left her be seeing how she held the light attribute. Fighting with the church would do no good, that was common info, so the ombre-haired girl was out of the topic.

Though it was obviously very stupid of them. It only made them appear foolish to the people.

The trio only provided evidence and let the authorities handle the rest which contradicted the nobles words that Royse didn't turn it over to the adults.

Quite foolish of them actually. With their action, the nobles revealed themselves. Now the king had ordered his spies to investigate those nobles that made complaints.

And then reports were made regarding their illegal acts. It was a series of chain reactions. From the trio's actions to the cleaning up of corrupted nobles.

People were regarding not only Amy as a saint but also the redheaded siblings.

Sure it was nice that what they did contributed to society but as for the effect on Royse, it only led to having his security doubled. Courtesy of the two princes'.

It only gave him a headache and because of that, he spent his days being disturbed by students. Songs of praise and admiration were sent his ways and his table continued to be filled with letters, roses and chocolates.

Amy munched on her meal as she read the paper.

Royse simply couldn't enjoy his meal with the current situation weighing his mind.

"Even the black market halted their business. Man, those people must be angry with the state." Amy comments.

Royse once again groaned. He turns towards his friend sporting a face of discomfort.

"You sure seem nonchalant about it." He comments.

The girl shrugs. "I mean, I also got protection from the king so my fams gonna be safe. Gives me a peace of mind. I can easily spend my last days here in school not worrying about them." She replies. "Though in your case, it's probably privacy you're more concerned about."

Royse heaved out a sigh. "Yeah. Those two princes won't stop bugging me about it. They said they have faith in my abilities but they still keep reprimanding me." He angrily ate his meal when he recalls their dispute.

"Is because they just want the person they like to be safe." Amy explains.

That he understands. But the princes were slowly getting on his nerves.

When the weekend ended and the news was revealed, the twins immediately searched for him in school and they both scolded Royse. At least it took place in a secluded classroom away from the people's eyes.