Chapter 35

Royse sighed as he walked around the campus. Amy who stood by his side laughed at his predicament.

"Well, at least you're free to use your abilities around them." She comments, trying to lighten things up.

"That doesn't assure me, not one bit." The redhead was dejected after being exposed. Of course, he seemed as if he didn't care when he was exposed when they were in the meeting room, but the reason for that was because Royse was focused on the topic. When he returned home, only did it sink to him that his secret was out.

"Did I really suck at hiding my secret?" He asks in wonder, dazedly gazing from afar. A part of him still in disbelief.

The girl beside him hummed as she thinks about his words. "Mhm. Pretty much yeah. I mean, you did good but you forgetting to cover your eyes was the reason."

The redhead groaned at the obvious. "If only I decided to use a colour changing potion from the start!" Royse ruffled his hair in irritation. He turns towards his friend. "You better not tell my sister or else she's going to freak out."

Amy sighed. "I won't. I don't want Rohesia fainting on me. I'm gonna leave you to tell her yourself." She said, passing over the responsibility.

The redhead sighed. He knew once the secret was out, some way or another, it would soon reach his sister's ears.

Royse had been going undercover before even being adopted, so when Rohesia finds out about it-

He groaned at the idea of what the future has for him.

Seeing his defeated expression, Amy smiled and patted his back.

"Hey! At least you don't have to think about keeping it a secret anymore! Isn't that a huge burden lifted off your shoulders?" Was Amy's optimistic words. In her mind, she thought of herself as a wise friend, when clearly, not so much.

The redhead looked at his friend unimpressed by the assurance.

"You're only saying that since your secret's still safe."

The ombre-haired girl retracted her hands, ignoring his gaze to look at a flying butterfly that was lost on the campus. "Hey, I'm just trying to assure my good friend. Need to show appreciation after all." She grins.

Royse huffed. "Well thanks." He sarcastically replied. When he sees his two friends, he immediately left Amy alone.

"How rude." Amy commented.

But she smiled as she watches Royse' interaction. Royse may be acting worried about him being exposed, but Amy knew the redhead was also grateful for it.

She was aware that it reduced her friend's stress levels and was glad that Carl brought it up.

Even if what awaits the redhead was the wrath of his sister.

Yeah, he's alone on that.

Royse greeted his friends.

Elsie beamed at his appearance. "Royse, how did it go yesterday?" She asks in curiosity.

"Oh, it was fine. They simply asked me regarding about the enemy I fought. Nothing much." He explains, not going into details.

When the redhead turns towards his other friend, he immediately felt something.

Amelie was smiling as usual but there was something about her eyes that didn't sit well with Royse.

Why was that?