Chapter 11

'W-who??' Royse could feel his sweat drop upon seeing the person. And an Ikemen again?!

It was rare to see another person having the same trait as him, except this time it was the hair.

The unknown person rubbed his eyes and blinked at Royse and stared at him with dazed eyes.

'Shoot, I was distracted! I forgot to escape!' He thought as he took a step back.

"Are you also here to sleep?" The stranger spoke as he turned his head around surveying the scenery before nodding.

"Yes, it's so peaceful here. You will love it here."

Royse was now confused. This person was so laid-back. Doesn't he know this was the forest where monsters freely roamed around? But now that he thinks about it, this dude might be strong like him, so napping in this kind of place wouldn't be such a big deal.

He then noticed the book on his lap and recognized it.

'That's the same book that I read when I started to hone my skills.'

Seeing the object just proved that this person indeed was strong. Maybe he should escape now...

It seems this person noticed him gazing at his book and grabbed it to show him.

"This is a book to help me. Do you want to read it as well?" He asks. Royse waved his hands.

"N-no need. Thank you for the offer."

The person sighed.

"Yes, it's so difficult to understand this book. I understand why you wouldn't want to read this." The person states dejectedly as he opened it and read the content with a frown on his face.

Royse became amused at the expression and chuckled. The man looks back at him and tilted his head in confusion.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Nope, it's just weird to see someone napping here of all place."

'He doesn't seem to mind me. This dude's pretty chill.' Royse walks closer towards the man and sat beside him.

"Is it? I prefer this place than being stuck in my place."

"Oh? And what kind of place would that be to make you choose this monster-filled forest over it?" Royse joked and chuckled.

The person whipped his head towards him.

"A very frightening place. A place where they won't stop bugging me to learn and train." The person states in a straight face. His words didn't really match his expression.

Royse felt his sweat drop once again and awkwardly chuckled and patted the person's shoulder in assurance.

"Must be tough. I can somehow understand where your coming from." Royse states as he retracted his hand and leaned at the tree, looking at the sky.

"Are you also forced to train?" He asks.

Royse chuckled.

"More like it was me who decided to train." Royse states and looks back at the person who now sported a confused expression.

"You want to be always tired?"

"Pfft! AHAHAHA!" Royse laughed and wiped a few of his tears that escaped. "No, what I mean is that I myself wanted to be strong. That's why I train."

"I also want to be strong, but it's difficult." The person dejectedly states.

"There's a saying that goes 'No pain, no gain'. For us to be strong, of course it comes with a price."