Chapter 24

"Mother." Amelie calls as she stood in front of the door.

Mrs Caddel turns towards her daughter and frowned.

"I expect you have done what I told you so by now, Amelie."

Her daughter became silent as she gripped her skirt. She watches her mother's expression.

Mrs Caddel sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. She stands from her seat and walks towards her daughter.

Amelie continued to maintain eye contact resulting in her mother seeing a resemblance of herself.

She smiles. "Remember Amelie, you must show them. Knowledge is everything." She grabs her daughters shoulder and caresses her cheeks. "Unlike Catherine and her mother, my sister who knows nothing. I am not like that and so are you."

Amelie tightened her grip over her skirt.

"Yes, mother..." She replies.

Isthia Caddel nods and ushers Amelie to return to her room. Once her daughter was out of the vicinity, Isthia calls for her maid.

"Yes, madame?" The maid greets with a bow. "You called?"

The mistress turns towards her maid. "Tell me, is the young Frostenden still maintaining his position?" She asks.

"Yes, he is."

Isthia bites her nail. She recalls the information she's gathered regarding the child.

'If things continue the way it is...' She thinks.

She retreats her hand and smiles as a thought crosses her mind.

"I've received news that Amelie spends her time with the young Frostenden. Make sure to report to me everything about their time."

Isthia smiles as she walks towards the window. She gazes upon the land and continued to focus on the castle from afar.

"Amelie, you are mother's hope..." She whispers.

"Will you be sending a request of audience?" The maid asks carefully.

Isthia laughs as she shook her head. "No. We can't act so fast. We must wait and depend on my daughter to pull in the young master."

She furrows her brows. "If only Catherine weren't there." She grits her teeth.

After a moment, she heaves out a sigh, calming herself.

"Nevertheless, we are not too late. It's fortunate my older sister simply relies on her dear husband. And we also have our other plan if worst comes to worst." She states.

The maid felt her sweatdrop from the Baronesses words.

Just then a knock was heard. The maid opened the door, revealing a male figure.

Isthia looks at the man and smiles.

"Ah perfect. I hope you came bearing good news?" She asks.

The man nods.

Isthia looks over at her maid and orders her.

After being ordered to prepare a cup of tea for them, the maid leaves the room and walked down the hallway all the while pushing the cart.

She halts in front of the mirror and brushes her bangs.

She caresses the scar that hid behind it and furrows her brow at the memory.

She returns her attention to her order and walked away towards the kitchen.