Chapter 37

Midnight arrived.

Royse created his clone and ordered it to lay on his bed. After that, the redhead grabbed his change of clothes. He wore the usual outfit he used for sneaking, except this time, he didn't wear his mask and didn't drink a colour changing potion.

He feels his hair tickling his cheeks. Realizing it would hinder him, he grabs a hair tie.

He places the tie between his lips as he went and gathered his hair in a ponytail. After that, he takes it from his lips and secures his hair with the tie.

He glances at his window and saw the moon. Closing his eyes, he teleported towards the meeting place.

He arrives just like that inside the shop. Royse checked his surroundings and realized he was the first to arrive.

He walks towards the door and used his spare keys to unlock it. After that, he leaned on the wall beside the door.

He crossed his arms as he waited for the other two.

Being alone, this allowed the redhead to be deep in thought. Thinking about the situation, he realizes they were nearing the end of the story.

Ever since their summer vacation ended, everything started to go downhill. So many incidents took place. It was as if their vacation was the calm before the storm.

He was beginning to miss the peaceful days years ago. When everything was just him meeting the cast, him spending time with them. Despite being busy with work, he prefered that over his current situation.

And back then, his only worry was his sister and how he would protect her.

Now, it wasn't just her.

There were family, friends, people he also needed to protect. He needed to protect them from the chaos that will happen soon.

He sighs, feeling the familiar pressure bearing its weight on him.

When he senses a presence behind the door, he looks in the direction. When it opened, it revealed both figures he was waiting for.

The two was also wearing their own getup.

Everyone wore simple clothes. Amy was wearing a black cropped top paired with the same black cargo pants like him. She wore black combat boots and finished her look by wearing fingerless gloves.

As for Juli, his attire gave justice to his muscles that weren't noticeable when in his uniform.

The older male was also wearing a black turtle neck like him, except his was long-sleeved. His top was tucked inside his black slacks and finished his look by wearing the same black gloves as him and black dress shoes.

"Huh, surprised to see us look like a band." Amy commented as she studied everyone's appearance. "Can't complain. I like it." She grins.

Royse huffed as he looks at Amy. When he noticed the older male, he tilted his head after noticing his bewilderment.

"Is there something wrong Juli-senpai?" He asks.

The older male shook his head. "No. I-" He assessed everyone. "I'm simply surprised to see the both of you wear those outfits..." He trails.

"Ah, I didn't mean to offend." He adds.

Both Royse and Amy breathes out a laugh.

"Hey, don't worry 'bout that. These outfits are usually worn by adventurers, and when nobles do go on an adventure, they usually wear something extravagant. So it's no surprise for you to say that." Amy assured.