Chapter 23

Royse settles his head over his palm. He ruffles his hair in exasperation as he tosses the paper to the pile.

There was nothing about Juli Hubel.

Viscount Dex Hubel and his wife were known to travel in different regions. 18 years ago, his wife had found out that she was pregnant, resulting in the couple to halt their travelling.

She died after giving birth to Moran. Dex Hubel stayed here in Estrela until his son turned 2 years of age. The family resumed their travelling and between that time they adopted Juli.

That was the only intel he could find. Where they found the boy, Royse didn't know.

This was a lot more difficult as the family never stayed in one place, only until now when the 2 enrolled in the academy.

Pieces of information were scattered and he knew the Hubel family took precautions when it came to travelling. Royse was aware that getting hold of anything about them would be challenging.

He bit his lips and sighed, slouching on his chair.

He needed to know what happened back in the gathering. When he suddenly felt a pain as he stood beside Juli Hubel, something in his mind told him that it was necessary for him to find out.

Fixing his posture, he organizes his thoughts and plans ahead. Since he's unable to gain anything about them, then observing them would be his last option. Hopefully he'll pick up pieces of information through their conversation.

A sigh escaped his lips as he realizes this job will take a while. Add that to his never-ending to-do list.

It also didn't help that they were in their 3rd year. Royse only had a year to gather intel!

He flopped on his desk as he lets out a muffled groan.

Maybe he should just give up. This intuition of his might be wrong anyway.

As he closes his eyes a cough took his attention. He looks up with his chin still planted on his desk.

Mark stared at his young master, unbothered by his appearance. "If the young master is searching for any information regarding the Hubel family, then perhaps Carl Blythe can help."

Royse grimaced at the name.

"No. If I ask that guy about anything then he'll just relay it to the twins." Then if worst comes to worst, the princes will seek out the Hubel family, though he doubts it would lead to that. But just in case, Royse didn't want any chances of it happening.

"Young master trusts me it seems."

"Mark-san, somehow you've been commenting more about my words." Royse narrowed his eyes at the older male.

The butler didn't seem to mind and remained an unfazed expression.

"See! I remember when I used to be little you cooed at me and doted! How can you change so drastically!"

Mark simply turns his head, ignoring the redhead's words.

Royse huffed as he straightens his back and crossed his arms. "Well not once did Mark-san relay to the twins about my info gathering so it's safe to say that I trust you regarding this matter." He declares.

That seemed to have done the trick. The butler turns his attention to the redhead and strode forward to serve him another cup of tea.

Royse knew the butler appreciated his words.

"Then shall I assist in finding more about the Hubel family?"

He shook his head as he takes the cup with his fingers. "No need. I'll consider your suggestion in asking Carl."