Chapter 16

Royse walks around the campus in search of a certain figure. He checks the classrooms and asked around the students.

They all shook their head in response, not seeing the person he was searching for.

Royse sighs and chooses his last retort.

He activates his space skill and saw the visual of the campus. He tries searching for the person and smiles when he did.

Knowing his location, he starts walking away.

He arrives in a different garden and surveys his surroundings. All kinds of plants were planted and a sweet fragrance lingered in the area. It was peaceful and seemed as if he was no longer in the academy. It almost rivalled the palace garden.

'As expected of the academy.' He thinks.

Royse looks around trying to find the person. When he turns his head, he sees the figure he was looking for sitting on a bench and was focused on her task.

Royse approached the person and greeted her.

"I was searching for you."

The lady blinked in surprise and looks at him wide-eyed. "I didn't notice you were here." She looks away embarrassed.

"It's fine. I didn't know there was another garden around here." Royse states as he looks around.

Amelie smiles. "The academy has a number of gardens. This one is my favourite." She says as she admires the foliage.

Royse nods. "I can understand. Amelie always seems to find the best spot around the campus."

The lady chuckles at his words. "Having somewhere you can escape to is quite nice." She closes her eyes as she feels the breeze. Her curls flowed and Royse smiled at seeing her expression.

She was at peace.

Amelie opens her eyes and looks over Royse. "May I ask why you were searching for me?"

Royse blinked and smiled widely. "Amelie, do you want to join me in town this weekend?" He asks.

Amelie blinked in surprise as she opens her mouth to reply. She halts and looks down over her textbooks. She clenches her skirt.

"I..." She sadly smiles as she looks back at the redhead. "I am quite busy. I apologize."

Royse hummed and studied her expression.

"With your studies?" He asks.

"Yes."

He brings up his index finger. "Then how about we hold a study meeting in town?" Royse suggested, not giving up in trying to pull the lady.

"In town?" She asked surprised.

The redhead nods. "Yes. There's a library that I used to frequent back when I was yet to be adopted. There're books over there that the library here does not have." He explains.

Amelie pondered at the offer. She looks at Royse and smiles.

"I would like to accept your offer."

'Yes! She took the bait!' Royse thinks as he pumps his fist mentally.

"Then how does 10 in the morning sound?"

"Yes, I don't mind."

"Rosey, maybe you should try out this outfit instead." Rohesia states as she shows the clothes she took from the rack.