Chapter 50 It's Time

So here we go again, thanks for still following me and reading my story. It means a lot to me. And a big thank you to my excellent editor amys99999 you had done as always a fantastic job with the editing. I hope that you all stay safe and healthy during this whole corona crisis and of course taking care of each other. 

Grace looked thoughtfully out of the car window as the black car drove through Vienna's urban jungle. She rode with Shira, Mitchum, and Luke. They were on their way to the restaurant where they were going to meet her sister Norah with her parents, Nathalie and Norah's adoptive parents.
Her grandparents, Mitchum and Shira, had explained to her and Jacob why they had to fly to Vienna in such a hurry. She couldn't believe her parents never told her she had another sibling.

Grace always thought that she only had two siblings. Now all of a sudden, she had another sister. She thought back to how she used to fantasize with Nathalie about how nice it would be if they had another sister. In her mind, they would have been the enchanting three sisters from their favorite show Charmed.

"Gracie, Honey?" her grandmother's worried voice from brought her back to reality. Grace quickly turned her head to face her.

"Grandma, you all knew, and you kept us in the dark for 14 long years! Why? And why couldn't Mom and Dad even tell me?
Why did you have to do it?" she asked, trying to control her anger and rising tears.

"Gracie, I know you're angry, and that's understandable, but your parents asked us to tell you.
They've just overworked themselves, and the whole situation is even more difficult for them to handle," Mitchum tried to smooth things over, grabbed his granddaughter's hand, and looked at her thoughtfully.

It was so hard to tell them the truth about Norah. Grace has always been a very understanding, warm, patient, patient girl, though very sensitive. But this news had overwhelmed her, which was no wonder. 

She was literally on the edge when they had told her about her long lost sister Norah. Jacob, on the other hand, thought it was great to have a big sister now.
But you also had to consider that at the age of six, he couldn't understand and realize the full content of the situation.

Grace, Nathalie, and Jacob had no idea for years that they had a sister. It would effect each of them differently. They would each have their own resentments and excitements with the news. Most of all, of course, it would affect Nathalie. Norah was Nathalie's twin.
They had a special bond. But the revelation would certainly affect all the siblings. And Grace was entitled to her thoughts and emotions on the topic.

"I-I don't know what to think, Grandpa. It all seems so unreal. But...but Mom and Dad didn't give her away, did they?" she asked and was afraid of the answer although it was incomprehensible because she didn't know any parents who loved their children more than their parents did.

"Sweetheart, no, your parents loved Norah so much, but they should give you more information. We tried to talk to your parents about telling you the truth for a long time.
But you know how your parents are. But they only wanted to protect all of you." Mitchum told her.

"Protect us? Seriously they wanted to protect us grandpa?" she raised her voice and was standing on the verge of tears again.

Mitchum took a deep breath, and before he could answer, Luke cleared his throat. "Gracie honey, come here." He pulled Grace into his arms and held her tightly.
"I know this all confusing and hurtful. I know you feel deceived, but give everyone a chance to explain. It was a very complicated situation."

"Grandpa..I...I don't know what to do. This is like a terrible nightmare, and nobody can wake me up.
That's how I'm feeling right now." she whispered, buried her face into her grandpa's chest while the first tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Oh, baby girl..everything is going to be ok..shhh. Hey..my beautiful Gracie..." Luke tried to calm her down with soothing and comforting words while she was crying like a little girl in his arms.
He stroked her dark brown hair and rubbed her arms.

"Grandpa, I'm so glad you're all here. But I'm scared. I don't even know Norah, and what if she doesn't..." she could not speak anymore because she was surprised by another flood of tears.

"She doesn't like you?" Luke asked, finishing her thought.

"Oh, Gracie, my little evening star, how could she not like you?
You're a very special young girl who we're all very proud of. Right, Mitchum, Shira?"

"Yeah, we're so proud of you honey, and I'm sure she's going to like you. We're all in this together, and you're not alone. We all meet Norah today for the first time." Shira agreed, smiling at her warmly.

She reached over and rubbed Grace's arm. "I'm a little worried she won't like me. See? It's completely natural."

"I know.." the young girl nodded and closed her eyes for a brief instant. About 10 minutes later, they arrived in front of the restaurant Skopik and Lohn.

Nervously they got out of the car and were walking towards the restaurant.

Nervously Norah tugged at her lucky outfit a night blue, knee-length dress. "Em...I mean, Norah, I know you are quite nervous, but believe me, Grace and Jacob are going to love you. Your grandparents will love you too.
Think of grandma Lorelai. She already loves you, and I can't imagine that your dad's parents won't love you.." Liam reassured and stroked a strand of red hair behind her ear.

"I know Liam. But I'm nearly freaking out. A few days ago everything was alright and now...I mean don't get me wrong I'm thrilled about it that my biological parents had found me after such a long time.
It's so hard to realize that five people who're coming tonight never met me, and that really scares me," she explained to her boyfriend while she was pacing up down the private room like a tiger in a cage.

"Sweets calm down. I'm here; you're not alone," he whispered in her ear while Logan, Rory, Lorelai, and Nathalie were nervously staring at the door of their private room in the restaurant.

"I'm so glad that you're here.." she murmured, and her nervousness was increasing again when she heard distant steps. 
Her heart was beating like a steady drum against her chest.
The door was opened by a servant, and in less than five minutes, her grandparents, her grandfather Luke and her siblings Grace and Jacob, entered the room.