Chapter 25 It's dinner time

Thanks to all of my readers, I'm so fortunate to have such a good supporting system I want to thank so many people :) Thanks for believing in me and I wish all of you a happy new year 2019 may the next year be better. Stay healthy and please don't forget to read the great stories from Amys99999 and Elianne1105. You won't regret it :) 

Logan and Finn arrived a little too early to the restaurant Skopik & Lohn. They were standing in front of the building, watching several people passing by while they were waiting for Liam and his girlfriend to arrive.

"You know I'm really curious about this girl and still can't believe that my son has a girlfriend finally. I mean when I think about our, or especially my teenage years, I get nervous! When I was Liam's age, I had done a lot of more stupid things. One word for you... Andover.", Finn smirked with a satisfied grin on his lips.

"Oh boy! Andover was a real blast for all of us! I hope only that Jacob won't be as stupid as I was in high school, but there is still so much time until he's attending Chilton," Logan said smiling. "Anyway, how was your appointment?" Logan inquired.

"My appointment went very well, everything turned out the way I had imagined. How was your appointment with Sam? Did you guys found a solution to save the Vienna Chronicle?" inquired Finn.

"Yeah, HPG is going to merge with the Vienna Chronicle. It will work to both our benefit. I have been wanting to get my hands in this market.
And they are a secure, well-run operation, really little risk for me. And I'm so glad to help them to get back on track again." Logan told Finn. Then he added that he was really looking forward to getting to know Liam's girlfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And do I really look good? I am so nervous Liam. What if your dad and godfather don't like me?" Emma rambled nervously at her boyfriend while they were waiting for the taxi to arrive.
"Emma, you're beautiful as always. I love this dress on you it suits you perfectly, really. Please don't worry! I'm sure my dad and Uncle Logan will like you," Liam said reassuringly. 

Then he grinned, "After all, you are a redhead. My dad loves redheaded women!" He squeezed her hand and continued, "And my godfather will give you some extra credit because he... wait a moment! Do I see a blond hairline there?" Liam smiled at her and gently ran his hands through her long slightly curly red hair.

"Yes, my natural hair color is coming back. I should make an appointment at the stylist because I don't really like my natural color. I had some bad experiences with my hair color two years ago", Emma replied.

"Let me guess there was a guy in your class who made bad jokes about blonde haired girls?" Liam asked her as he took her hand in his and looked deep in Emmas warm, brown eyes.

The young girl nodded, lowered her gaze and hesitantly she began to talk, "Yeah, there was a guy his name was Tom and, well, I really liked him at that time. He joked about blond haired girls being dumb and no good in Mathematics.
Maybe I was oversensitive on this day because I bombed my important Mathematics test. But after that horrible school day, I decided to color my hair red.
I was so insecure about his stupid insults and jokes. My parents were furious at me. Because I had dyed my hair without their permission. I explained it to my mom though. She seemed to understand. And she let me keep it."

Liam was a little annoyed at the guy who made his girl sad. His fists involuntarily clenched as he thought of punching him immediately in his face. Nobody would hurt Emma, she was so precious to him. It felt so good to have her in his life. He only wanted to see her happy.

Liam shifted Emma's chin so that he could look into her beautiful eyes. He said to her, "First of all, Emma, you are not stupid. I mean look at me! I'm not good at math either, but we're trying our best.

As long as we're trying our best, that is all that matters. Second, you're one of the best students in the German class, Spanish Class, and not to forget you're so good at music.

I don't know anyone that plays the guitar as well as you, except my Uncle Logan. He is phenomenal at playing guitar. I can already see that in time, you will be as well. Third, you're a sweet, lovely, helpful and heartwarming person that everyone loves."

He cleared his throat, took her face into his hands and gave her a soft kiss. He looked into her eyes and said, "Please don't doubt yourself. They will both love you. Just be your usual sweet, charming self."

"Thank you, Liam. I am just nervous. I know how close you are to your father and godfather. I really want to make a good impression," Emma said.

A short time later, they were pulling up to the restaurant. Liam looked out through the tinted windows of the car, scanning the people to see if he could see his father and godfather. His eyes lit up, "There they are!" He pointed at two figures by the front door. Then he turned towards Emma and said, "Are you ready?"

Emma stared out the window, unable to really make out the men in the dim light. She smiled bravely at Liam and said, "Ready as I'll ever be. Let's go!"

Liam stepped out of the car and held out a hand to help Emma out. Then they walked hand in hand to meet Finn and Logan.