3. Chapter Thoughts and Memories

I'm sorry that you had to wait a few days, but I was editing the chapter several times and now I'm going to post it. So now have fun :) and I'm hoping to get response from you. And I know maybe it is a Little confusing now because Emma isn't called Norah. But in the course of the story, everything will be enlighted. I promise

Katherine Hoffman was laying in her bed and just couldn't fall asleep. Today is her daughter Emma's 14th birthday and a thoughtful smile crossed her lips as she turned on her side and switched on the night light and took the picture of her daughter in her hands.

For a long time, Kate and Max had considered adopting a second child. They had tried so long to get a second child but it just didn't work. They were really happy with Sophie but she had been asking her parents constantly why she didn't have a little brother or sister.

So Max and Katherine Hoffman decided to give an adoption a try. It took them nearly 2 years to get the agreement to adopt a little 6-month-old baby girl who was transferred from Paris because no one had an interest in caring for her.

Originally Emma was from America but her parents didn't want her so they gave the little girl away. Emma had a happy childhood and was surrounded by so much love from her parents, uncles, and aunts, although Katherine and Max got a divorce when Emma and Sophie were 6 and 2 years old. 

For a moment, she closed her eyes and drifted into her world of thoughts.

October 24, 2010

With a wide grin, Katherine and Max Hoffmann entered the room and sat down on the offiche couch. Today they would finally get their second daughter. Sophie, her 4-year-old daughter could hardly wait to get to know her new sister.

She sighed and looked at her watch and with every minute the anticipation and nervousness increased. "Excuse me, Miss Hoffmann, I was a little delayed," the deputy director of the Christian Adoption Agency came into the office and smiled at her in a friendly way.

"Oh, it doesn’t matter. So when can we see her?" Kate inquired as she got up from the couch with her husband. "After you have signed the contract we can go to Emma. She is already waiting for you." the elderly woman smiled at the married couple and handed them the contract out.

Both of them read the contract, glanced at each other with a lovely grin and signed it. "It's done, now can we go to our daughter, please? We're so excited, I mean it took us nearly two years to adopt a little baby girl." Max said and was getting impatient.

"Yes of course come with me, I'll show the room where the little Tinkerbell is waiting for you.", the deputy director said and lead them to the nursery.

"So here we are. I'll leave you two alone for a little bit to get to know this little precious angel." she entered the room with the couple.

"Thank you.", Kate said and stopped in her tracks for one moment after Donna Paulsen left the room. "Oh my gosh, I can't imagine it Max. It's so unreal.", she whispered as she went hand in hand with her husband to the crib.

"I know Katherine, but our dream came true. Now we're getting a second baby girl we can spoil.", he smirked and was wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh Max you're too sweet, but we shouldn't spoil her too much. Think of Sophie, she still wants a pony for her 5th birthday, which is coming up soon. I hope you have a solution for this.", Kate teased him.

"Of course don't worry darling. Now let us have a look. Oh my just look at her Kate she's amazing. Hey, sweet pea.", Max greeted the little girl.

Emma heard the unknown voice, wanted to turn around with her stuffed sheep Paul but failed and began to giggle and looked at them wide-eyed.

"Hey, cutie. Finally, me and your Daddy are meeting you. You're a beauty. Max just look at her warm brown eyes. Have you ever seen such intense chocolate brown eyes?" she cooed at Emma and then turned to her husband.

"No never but we're going to have so much fun little missy. And your big sister can't wait to get to know you either." Max said with a warm smile and couldn't believe it that he's holding his newest family member in his hands.
He would do anything for this little girl. He got Emma out of the crib and rocked her gently. Emma touched the face of her new daddy. Katherine glanced at Max and their new daughter and was so happy. Now they had their happy family and she hoped it wouldn't end. 

Kate opened her eyes again, sighed and put the picture of her daughter back on the nightstand. She switched the light off and drifted back to sleep.