Chapter 26 On the Edge

I know it took me sometimes but with the new writing schedule it's much easier for me to write :) A big thank you to all of my readers for your understanding and support :) and of course thank you for encouraging me too  <3 amys99999 and not to forget thanks to eliane1105 

Broad smiles appeared on the faces of Finn and Logan when Liam and his girlfriend approached them. "Li Li, come to Papa, little fella," Finn said extending his arms toward his son and slow running toward him.

"Hey dad," Liam said and then whispered in his dad's embrace, "Please don't be embarrassing, I really like this girl." Then Liam wiggled free of his dad's clutches to greet his godfather.

"Hey Uncle Logan," he said embracing him quickly. Logan pulled back slightly and said, "Li Li, you got a little smudge here. Let me get it for you." He licked his thumb and rubbed Liam's cheek mortifying him. He turned red and become flustered swiping his uncle's hand away and moves back as far as possible.

Emma stood shyly next to him and could hardly resist not laughing out loud. Finally, she had something to tease him about. She planned to remember that and copy that move at a later date.

"Gee, I am so glad to have you both here in Vienna!" Liam said. "Dad, Uncle Logan, this is Emma." He turned to see Emma hiding behind him and said, "Come on Emma, you don't have to be nervous." Liam took Emma's hand in his and squeezed it softly.

Finn smiled at Emma when she turned to him and Logan. "He's right, you don't have to be nervous. I don't see any smudges on your face!" Finn laughed, then said, "I'm happy that my son has met such a beautiful, young lady like you. Nice to meet you, Emma," Finn said with a warm grin.

"It's very nice meeting you too, Mr Morgan and Mr Huntzberger. Thanks for inviting me to join you and Liam," she said quietly with soft red appearing on her cheeks.

"It's nice meeting you too, Emma. Do you and Liam attend the same classes?" Logan asked her to break the ice a little bit. The young girl seemed to be pretty nervous.

"Yes, we have a lot of classes together, except music," Emma said and felt a little bit more comfortable. Although she was still nervous because she wanted to make a good impression of Logan and Liam's father.

"Music classes, that sounds really great." Logan nodded as he guided them to their table.

Liam pulled her chair out for her to sit once they approached the table and then whispered in her ear smiling at her, "You might want to take off your sunglasses in the restaurant."

Emma giggled and said, "Sorry, I forgot. Just a blonde moment." Logan's eyebrow to quirked curiously and Finn's brow to furrow in confusion at that remark clearly seeing she is a redhead.

"It happens," Logan and Finn said in unison as she took her sunglasses in her black tote bag and put her regular glasses on.

Liam was surprised when he saw she was wearing red-rimmed glasses. He had never seen her with glasses. "You never told me that you wear glasses, Emma..." Liam commented with a slight smile on his lips.

"I usually wear contact lenses, but today my eyes seem to be a little bit sensitive. Glasses are just more comfortable," she explained to him feeling uncomfortable.

"The glasses suit you perfectly. You should wear them more often in school," Liam complimented her. She smiled. Her smile faded when she turned back to Liam's father and godfather.

Both of them stared at her, utterly shocked when they looked into an all too familiar face. "Nathalie...Oh, I'm sorry you're the spitting image of my goddaughter Nathalie.", Finn explained to her stammering trying not to lose his mind.

Emma smiled shyly, shrugged her shoulders and mentioned, "It may easily be possible. Everyone has a doppelganger."

Liam recognized the strange silence. He wondered why his father and godfather had such an unusual reaction to Emma. Both men stared at Emma like if she wasn't from this world. "Dad? Uncle Logan? Everything ok?" Liam cleared his throat. But there was no response from Finn or Logan.

The world stood still for Logan. He couldn't take his eyes from Emma. It was as if he was staring into Nathalie's face. Everything was the same, aside from the red hair. Stunned, Logan shook his head and tried to think clearly. He wondered if his mind was playing a trick on him. Was it possible that this young girl sitting opposite him and Finn was his daughter? Logan's thoughts were spiraling out of control.

He and Rory went through almost 13 years and 6 months of emotional hell because Norah was kidnapped and was never found again. Now in front of him sat a young lady that looked identical to his remaining daughter.

Could it really be that this girl was Norah? The similarities were striking. He studied her. Everything was the same, except the hair. She had red hair. But didn't she mention that she had a blonde moment when Liam had talked to her a few minutes ago?

"Uncle Logan? Dad? What's gotten into you?" Liam asked again, and Logan snapped back to reality.

Finn and Logan exchanged glances and tried to avoid speculating too much that this girl was Norah.

Logan began thinking that it was admittedly possible, this could be her. "Oh, I'm sorry Liam. My thoughts got away from me for a moment there, must be the jet lag," he made up an excuse.

"So No..I mean Emma I would like to know a little bit more about my godson's girlfriend. Tell a little about yourself, please..." Logan asked her while Finn looked at him a little confused.

What was he up to? Logan bent over to Finn and whispered to him, "Don't worry Finn, I know what I'm doing..." Finn just nodded and hoped Logan actually knew what he was doing.

"I was born on 14 April 2010 here in Vienna. My parents are Kathy and Max Hoffmann. I also have an older sister Sophie, with whom I have a very close bond.." she started telling hesitantly and found it a bit strange that Liam's godfather asked so much. Maybe he just wanted to be nice to her.

"Unfortunately, she is going to leave Vienna in September because she received the confirmation letter from Yale. My mom is a journalist, and my dad works at the Vienna General Hospital as a surgeon and helps with cancer research. " She continued after a short break.

Logan really had to hold back himself. It would be fatal if he would blurt out the truth in front of Emma. Because he didn't want to hurt her. Nevertheless, it was her.

Emma, as known as Norah, had to be his and Rory's missing daughter.

There couldn't be any other way. She was Norah. However, he was shocked that Katherine Hoffmann was his daughter's adoptive mother.

He couldn't imagine that Katherine and Max had known that their adopted daughter had been kidnapped. "Well, this sounds really interesting, but I need to make some calls. Excuse me I'll be right back..", Logan said.

"Not a problem at all mate, I think we can entertain ourselves without you too..", Finn nodded and could imagine what Logan is going to do now. Either he would call Rory, or the next logical step would be to call the FBI or the American Embassy in Vienna.

"Great then tell me what are your hobbies, Emma?", Finn asked her and Logan was glad to escape the situation.

Logan could barely bear to be in a room with Emma straight away without telling her that she was his daughter... And the calls he was going to take now wouldn't be that easy.

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes for a moment and then he decided to call Rory first. His heart was pounding against his chest, and his eyes were on the verge of tears when he hit the green phone button on his smartphone to call his wife.

"Hey MAC how's.."

"Rory! I found her. She's here. And I found her..." he said suddenly feeling out of breath.

Rory's breath hitched in her throat, and her heart skipped several beats. She was quiet for a second. "Are you serious? You.." Rory's voice was fading away.