1. Chapter That's what friends are for

Hello everybody, I'm so terribly sorry that it took so long, because I had so much on my mind and I hope you're still interessted in my story and now I'll post the next part and thanks for the many votes and compliments from you :-* I appreciate it a lot 

The next minutes Logan held the torn photo in his hands. "Daddy I didn't mean to ruin the photo. Please don't be angry with me." Nathalie said in a low voice, which Logan didn't notice. He was just too shocked to realize the whole situation. Rory stood by the sink watching the scene wondering what was coming now.

"Logan honey.." Rory wanted to start talking about the situation as Logan turned around with a petrified face. "Will you excuse me please," Logan said and walked hastily out of the kitchen.

"Mom? Have I done something wrong?" she asked in an uncertain voice, rubbing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Don't worry Nathalie darling. Could you please watch a movie with Jacob? I have to do a few things before we have your birthday lunch with gramps and grandma at the Dragonfly Inn." She asked her eldest daughter with a loving smile although she wasn't in a good mood.

"Yeah Mom, come on Grace. Let's go to the living room", she nodded, turning to her younger sister.

"Ok, we see you later mom," Grace said and left with her big sister without a response from her mother to expect, the dining room.

After her daughters had left the room, Rory took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment and had already decided that she would call one of Logan's best friends. Finn was his best mate and when someone managed to get through to her husband, it was Finnegan Morgan. She took her smartphone from her Birkin bag and called Finn. "Hey reporter girl, what's going on?" Finn greeted her friendly.

"Hi Finn I'm ok, but Logan needs your help, can you come over to our place, please? I think you're the only one who can help him right now", she said and he immediately knew that Rory was upset.

Finn could understand Rory and Logan too well. This day was not easy for him either. His precious goddaughter would have been 14 years old today and it was still hard to accept that she would never return to her family again.

"Sure, I'll come over and what are your plans for today?" He asked while he looked at his 6-year-old daughter Zoey with a loving gaze.

"We are going to have a birthday lunch at my mom's inn. And in the afternoon I'lI hope you, Rosemary and the kids are coming over to our place.
Nathalie is looking forward to seeing you, Collin and Robert. Thank you, Finn!"

"You don't have to thank me, Rory. You know I'll always be there for you and Logan. I'm on my way to your place and Rory keep your head up!", He finished the telephone conversation.

"Of course see you later Finn," she said and put her iPhone on the dining table.

Rory leaned against the kitchen table and felt her tears rising again. Why did this happen to her Family?  Logan and she were so happy after the twins were born, although they were 1 month too early and Norah was taken to the NICU because her lungs and heart function were still too weak. For 4 weeks, she and her family have feared for the life of Norah.

On May 14th, 2010 Dr. Johnston said that Norah was healthy enough to leave the hospital. The joy was as huge as she and Logan, at last, began a new life in Hartford with their two daughters. 6 months later her world had collapsed. Rory closed her eyes and noticed that the first tears were running down her cheeks.

While Rory was trying to cope with her grief in her own way, Logan was in his office. Like a tiger in a cage, he kept pacing back and forth, wondering how much pain and suffering a human being could endure. He felt tired of being forced to face this situation again and again.