Chapter 49 A Wonderful Day

I know it took me longer than I expected to write another chapter, but my head was literally empty. But finally, I finished the chapter. I really tried my best and a big, big thank you to my amazing editor amys99999. You're such a talented writer and I'm so happy that you're my editor because it's pretty hard to find someone who's got the time and the patients to correct my mistakes and I must say through you I learned so many new ways of writing and to express myself. So thanks again to you and whenever someone is looking out for a new story I can warmly suggest Tenacious Tulip from my editor. It's a great original :) And of course a huge thank you to all of my fans out there. It means so much to me. And now I enjoy the latest chapter 

Thirty minutes later they arrived at the horse farm. The fresh air, coupled with the recognizable smell of hay, penetrated Norah's nose as she got out of the car. An excited smile spread across her lips and she could hardly wait to introduce her horse Bruce to her father and Nathalie. „That's quite a big horse yard," Logan said as he and Nat got out of the car. They walked towards Norah.

"Oh yeah, I've been coming here for a couple of years now. I really enjoy it. Usually, I'm always here with my dad because through him I discovered my love for horses. Come with me I'll show you my big love, Bruce." Norah winked at them smiling.

"Lead on, Norah. When I was about your age, I was interested in horses too," Logan said with a rueful smile. "But unfortunately I didn't have much time back then to really pursue it. But I'm looking forward to meeting your horse. How old is he?" Logan asked as they made their way to the horse stable.

"Bruce is two and a half years old Logan...oh god... I mean ...dad," she stumbled.

 "It's just so complicated. Now I have two dads and two moms," she began to ramble. She stopped for a moment and lowered her gaze out of embarrassment.

He sighed softly and lifted Norah's chin to look into her brown eyes. Logan tried hard to find the right words to take the uncertainty away from his 14-year-old daughter.

"Honey, I know this isn't easy for you. I understand that you don't really know how to deal with me and Rory yet." Logan began to speak in a thoughtful voice and paused for a moment.
He took his daughter's hands in his own and led her to a bench that stood in front of one of the many stables.
He said quietly, "It's ok."

"I don't want to hurt any of you, and I'm scared. I'm afraid of losing all of you.
I know it sounds silly, but I can't help it." She smiled at him and cursed her insecurity she had towards her biological father. 

He and Rory tried their best not to put any pressure on her. And if she was honest with herself, she had to admit that she enjoyed the time she spent with Logan and Rory very much. It surprised her how natural she felt with both of them.

Even though she had only known them for a couple of days, it felt nearly normal that they were her parents. 
If someone had told her a few days ago that she was adopted and her biological parents were Rory and Logan Huntzberger, she would have laughed at them and asked them if they had lost their minds. But, somehow, things are miraculously evened out.

She sighed again and would give anything if she had a piece of paper and pen with her to write a list to sort out her thoughts.

Logan watched her while Nathalie sat on the bench next to her sister without saying a word. For a quick moment, Logan took a deep breath, and then he continued, "No, not Norah at all. If I had been in your place, I would not have spoken a word with my biological and adoptive parents.
Not to mention living under the same roof with them. I think I would have been too angry and hurt."

Norah just nodded slightly, tried to keep a clear head, and then she said, "Oh yes that's true. I am angry, hurt, and confused.
But I hope that we'll find a good solution to this situation. Things can't go on like this. I just need to know where I stand."

Nathalie still sat next to her sister and she feverishly considered how she could cheer up Norah and without meaning to, she grabbed her hand and smiled warmly at her, "I am aware that it's not easy for you Schatzi, but I'm so glad that Daddy has finally found you. 
Five days ago, I thought I only had two siblings, and now I've got a twin sister who looks exactly like me. 
And I want to spend every minute with you as long as we can stay in Vienna.
You must definitely show me the Vienna Prater and not to forget the zoo Schönbrunn. You surely have Madame Tussauds as well? If so, we could take a look.
I'm a huge fan of these wax museums. I hope they will finally exhibit a Bruce Springsteen figure in New York at Madame Tussauds."

Norah's eyes lit up when she turned to her sister and replied, "That would be so cool Nat. But let me ask you one question first. Have you ever ridden a horse?"

"Well, the last time I rode a horse I was four or five years old when we went to a county fair.
Or was it somewhere else, Dad? I can't really remember," Nat said trying to remember.

Logan wrinkled his nose as he tried to remember. "You know, I really don't know. Heck, I don't even know the last time I was on a horse."

Norah grinned. She turned to face them and said, "Well, you two have turned my life upside down by pulling me into your world. Come into my world for a little bit. Come ride with me."