Chapter 42 Starting a new Relationship

Thanks a lot for your support. It means so much to me and I know the story should finally come to an end. But a few chapters are coming hopefully a little bit faster. I want to thank my editor amys99999 you're doing such a great work. A thousand times thank you :-* 

"So, then tell me a little about yourself, Norah. I'd really like to get to know you," Rory said to break the silence as they sat with Nathalie, Norah, and Katherine in a small, cozy cafe in the shopping center the next day after they had done the DNA test.

"Well, there's not really much to tell," Norah said. She stroked a red strand of hair behind her ear and apprehensively dared to look into Rory's eyes. Of course, she had many thoughts in her mind. There were still so many unanswered questions. But she wasn't sure how she should act around towards her biological mother. It was all so confusing and awkward. And on top of that, Rory was one of her favorite authors.

"I'm sure that's not true. I know that this isn't easy for you. But please give me a chance," Rory said in a hopeful voice. She reached for Norah's hand trying to read the emotion in her daughter's brown eyes.

"I'm just at a crossroads right now. I don't know how to deal with the whole situation. I am afraid that you are not interested in getting to know me. And I'm scared I won't fulfill all your expectations and hopes and I'll disappoint you," Norah said in an insecure voice and stirred her spoon around in her coffee, lost in her thoughts.

Rory squeezed her hand encouragingly and struggled with herself. It was so hard for her that her daughter Norah felt so insecure and ill at ease around her. She closed her eyes for a moment as she searched for consoling words, "Norah you could never disappoint me.

You can't imagine what it means for me that your dad found you accidentally. For years we struggled, and no one of us really talked about you because it hurt us so much. I know it seems strange for you, but the first moment I saw you again, my love for you strengthened. I love you. Please don't be afraid of your dad or me. "

Norah tried her best to process the sentences from her biological mother. Even though the whole situation which caused her a lot of headaches, she decided to give Rory a chance. After all, it wasn't Rory and Logan's fault that she was kidnapped by Pierre Lamintage. And the last thing she wanted was to blame her biological parents for her being kidnapped as a little infant.

"I don't know what I should say about it, but I want to give our relationship a try. Though I' m afraid I'll lose my other mom and dad. I know it sounds stupid, doesn't it?" she shrugged her shoulders, and an insecure giggle escaped from her mouth.

"Oh, no, not at all. I can understand what you mean. Although I'm sure that your parents will never leave you," Rory said reassuringly.

"Sweetie, Rory is right. You never have to fear that we would ever let you down. Your Dad and I raised you for nearly fourteen years, and I will always stand by your side. No matter what. Like in the Bruce Springsteen song 'I'll stand by you'," Katherine reminded Norah and tried her best to put on a brave face. She knew how important it was for Norah to bond with her biological mother, even if it did break her heart.

"I know, and I really try to be more open, but it's so hard," Norah said. Nathalie laid her arm around her sister's shoulders.

"Hey Norah, I'm by your side now, as I should have been our whole life. Our mom is really great. You can always rely on her. Seriously. She's always there! And hey she loves Bon Jovi. She knows the Jersey guys they have it," Nathalie said laughing as she tried to lighten the mood.

"That's true. Especially Bruce. God, I would give anything to see him live with the famous E-Street Band. One of my school colleagues Hannah, is such a lucky girl because she's going with her dad to the Bruce Springsteen Madison Square Garden concert in New York on the 24th of July this year. When she told me about it, I was so happy for her because Hannah is one of my friends in school.
But on the other hand, there was a little pang of jealousy too. I'm still saving a lot of money if he ever comes down to Europe with his upcoming Farewell Tour. My biggest dream would be if I would be able to play with him Growing Up with my guitar on stage.
Even if it means that I have to practice much harder. But I love playing the guitar so much." Norah continued temporarily distracted with thoughts of her favorite musician. She didn't hold much hope of her dream every happening, but she liked to fantasize.

Nathalie was a little bit surprised, but she said, "Wow that's pretty cool. I mean..."

"Nathalie, do you want some more coffee or cake?" Rory interrupted her daughter on purpose before Nat could tell her twin sister that she's attending the concert too with Logan. Maybe she and Logan could get two more FOS tickets for the concert, even if it would cost a small fortune. For Norah, it would be definitely worth it, especially when she had never seen him and the band live performing.

"I'll tell you later about it, sweetie," she added in a quiet voice in her daughter's ear.

"Alright mom." she gave in.

"But enough about Bruce. I want to know so much about you Rory. I mean, after all, you're one of my favorite authors next to John Steinbeck and Tolkien. I really, really love your books. The characters are so lively, smart, and have their heart in the right place. In particular, Oliver Thompson. I love him; he's got such an outstanding character! But it's a pity in my opinion that Lola never had the chance to rekindle a relationship with her first love, Danny Johnson or the rebel Jamie Olsen. 

I always asked myself if these stories all really happened in your everyday life, because everything seems so real for me. Most of all, I love the chapter where she was taking the jump with Olli on the scaffolding when they had this fancy gathering.
I had to read this chapter several times because it was so rich in great words and witty dialogues." Norah rambled excitedly. A soft red shadow laid on her cheeks, which Rory reminded a lot of herself when she was in Norah's age.

It was like if Rory was sitting in front of her younger version. Norah was so much like her in many ways, but she also saw a lot of Logan in her. The love for Bruce Springsteen's music, she's got her father's smile and they shared their passion for their music instrument.

"I can even recall and quote the passage what Oliver had said to his Ace when they were standing in front of the scaffolding, 'It'll be fun, it'll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you. Just something different. Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived.' He was so right, so many people live their lives without taking risks, but I must admit since I had met Liam I'm a little bit riskier." Norah continued.

Rory sat stunned. She had written the words Logan had spoken to her so many years before. But they sounded nearly magical and so much more meaningful escaping her daughter's lips.