Chapter 43 Looking for proofs

I know it took me way too long to write this chapter, but I had a lot on my plate, because I started a new school in September and I really enjoy my internship too. But anyway I want to thank all of you for your undying loyality and support, especially a big thanks to my amazing beta reader amys99999 you're putting so much effort in your editing. But I don't want to let you wait anymore. And any comments in any form of criticism is welcoming

"How about lunch? Let's take a break. Around the corner is TGI Friday, " Max sighed. For hours, he, Logan, and Finn went through all the adoption documents and important files that Odette sent Logan yesterday. 

"Sure that sounds good to me," Logan said with a tired voice. He closed the folder and rubbed his eyes. 

"Lunch is a good idea," Finn agreed with a slight smile. 

"Great, then let's head to TGI before I get nuts. Hopefully, we can all think a lot clearer after lunch," Max said and got up from the couch. 

About ten minutes later, they all sat together in the restaurant. Nobody said a word.  Everyone was tense and tired. Before Logan could start a conversation to stop the awkward situation, his iPhone began to ring. With a smile he took the call, "Hey Ace, how's it going? " 

"Hey Logan, everything's ok. Nathalie and Norah are in a music store while Katie and I are strolling through the shopping center. It's still complicated with Norah, but she's trying to get out of her shell. 
I hope that we'll find a solution for all of us even though someone will have to make sacrifices,"  Rory said as she was sitting in the relaxing area with Katherine while they were waiting for the girls. 

"Yeah, I know.  I hope that we get the results of the DNA test asap. Though I know that Norah is our daughter, we need proof, Rory.  I'm feeling so torn. Do you know what I mean? But tell me how's Norah? Did you talk to her a lot? " 

"Well, it took Norah longer to get warm up with me, but then she told me a lot about her undying love to Bruce and my books. I mean she could quote so many lines from the books. I was stunned about it.  When I'm back in the hotel tonight, we should talk. It's about the Bruce Springsteen concert in New York, but I have to run now. Norah and Nat are coming back. I'll see you in a few hours. Take care, bye," Rory said, and a happy grin laid on her lips when she saw her daughters with two full bags from the music store. 

"You too, Ace. See you tonight and tell the girls that I said hi! Bye," Logan said and then disconnected the call. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So how's Rory and the girls? Are they having a good time?" Finn asked as he sipped his beer and looked at the menu.

Logan put his smartphone back in his pocket and then he said, "They're having a great time, Finn. I can't wait till Colin arrives in Vienna.  I still feel guilty that he's interrupting his work schedule though. I know he has a lot to do." 

"Logan, don't worry. You know Colin would never let you down. We're your brothers. You would do the same for us in a blink of an eye if something terrible had happened to our families. That's what friends are for," Finn reassured his best friend up. 

"I know. I know. It's just that I am so worried and angry. For hours we were sitting over those damn files, and we couldn't find real evidence..."  Logan said frustrated. The whole situation caused him so much headache. 

"Yeah, but we have to be patient. Maybe we overlooked something. Colin was always good in finding hidden information in files or cases," Finn said. 

 Max observed the talk between them.  It was obvious the men knew each other well and had for a long time.  He wondered which direction the whole situation would lead them. He had to admit that he was afraid, really afraid about everything. 

A few days ago, the lives of his family members had changed dramatically. No one would have thought that their adoptive daughter Emma aka Norah Emma Katherine was a kidnapped victim from a wealthy family. Max couldn't imagine the pain that Rory and Logan went through the last years. 

He sighed, trying to avoid his thoughts as best as he could. 
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

About half an hour later Logan, Finn, Colin and Max were sitting in the living room looking through the files again. Colin looked at his friend anxiously and wondered why Logan hadn't contacted him a few days earlier. He would have flown to Vienna without question to help him. But he knew Logan and his peculiarities for so long. Logan needed to work through things in his own time.

Even if it hurt him a bit that that Logan didn't call him immediately, he was happy for Logan and Rory that they had finally found Norah again, after such a long time. Now it was time to find evidence to confirm the whole situation. He couldn't imagine that Pierre Lamintage could make such a devious plan without any other comrades-in-arms. 

Logan eyed Colin.  He had noticed his friend looking at him peculiarly.  Before he could question Colin on his looks, Logan's iPhone rang again. He let out an annoyed sigh until he saw that Odette's name was on the screen. "Hey Odette, I..."

"Hi Logan, I hope I didn't interrupt you. At the moment, I am sitting in front of my father's laptop. Oh God, Logan! I don't know what to think of him anymore. I...I found some more email conversations between him and...and..." 

Odette couldn't talk anymore. The confusion and rage in her mind and heart were too massive. She would never have thought that her ex-boyfriend had helped her father kidnap Norah.

 "Odette? Please, who did your father work with," Logan asked frantically.  He was desperate to know the rest of the information Odette had for him. 

"I...I can hardly believe it myself. But it was Tristan. Tristan DuGrey helped my father. I'm an idiot. I should have known that they planned something.  The two of them did so much together after I broke up with him. I'm so sorry about everything, Logan. I...I feel so guilty," Odette said sadly. 

"What? Tristan DuGrey?" Logan yelled into the phone.  "Are you serious? God I..I Odette please upload the files and send them to me?" Logan demanded.  He simply couldn't grasp what she was saying. Yet at the same time, he felt his anger grow.