9. Chapter Let's go to Martha's Vineyard

Well, my dear readers, I know I'm delayed again, unfortunately, I had so many on my mind and stuff to do. But now I'm full of motivation and joy. I hope all of you are going to enjoy this chapter. Thanks to my beta reader and other friendly people in my life who gave me so much encouragement. Thanks to all of them: -* and please feel free to leave a comment at the end of the chapter it would make me pretty happy :)

Unfortunately, the meeting with the boys turned out to a short one, because their schedules had changed. Therefore he was at home at 6 o'clock in the evening, and right now he and Rory were sitting in the living room with a good glass of wine.

"And how are the boys?" Rory inquired as she took a little sip of her wine.

"They're good, don't worry. Finn got a call from the principal at Liam's new boarding school. He skipped his first English class just like Finn would have. How're you doing, Ace?" Logan asked, putting his wine glass on the coffee table as he looked at her worriedly.

"I'm doing better and I'm glad that Jacob has finally gotten over the flu," she reassured him and sat there thinking to herself that it would be great to get away from home for a few days. Just her and Logan curled up together in the living room of their house at Martha's Vineyard, in front of the fireplace or kind of stuff like that.
The daily routine with their children, work and family life were undoubtedly fantastic, but sometimes parents also needed some time for themselves. They could finally talk about everything, without being disturbed by their children.

"That's good to hear, and I asked mine and your parents if they could take our kids to the Disneyland Resorts in Anaheim because we need some grown-up time together. We could spend a few days at our place in Martha's Vineyard. What do you say?", Logan continued, while he was getting closer to his wife and looked into her sparkling, blue eyes. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment.

"Ace?", Logan asked, grabbing her hand and squeezing it.

"Hm? Oh sorry, I was deep in thought. I think it is a great idea to get some time alone Logan. I'm glad you brought it up, and I guess the kids, particularly our little Fin will be happy he finally gets to go to Disney Land in Anaheim.
Right now he's going through a weird Cars obsession phase. Everything in his room has to be decorated with Lightning McQueen and all the other characters that I don't know who they are right now." Rory told him laughing and cuddled up closer to Logan.

For too long they had lived with each other without really enjoying life and connecting. Just being happy again. It wasn't as easy as it seemed to be. Rory had often thought about how brave she and Logan were to have further children. When she had found out she was pregnant again, she was overcome by intense fears. Fears that she didn't want to share with Logan because she couldn't stand the fear of lose another child.

She was even considering aborting the baby. After a few considerations Rory had talked about it with her mother, and after the tearful conversation, she decided to keep Grace. And that was one of her best decisions of her life. Grace brought back joy and love to her and Logan's lives again.

"I'm glad Ace, honestly, I was afraid you wouldn't be willing to take a break. Just the two of us. I think we need some alone time, you know a time for good conversations with each other in peace, to take long walks on the beach and maybe spend a day in bed.
Your Mom and Luke will pick up the kids on Thursday afternoon so that we can get to Martha's Vineyard before it's too late." He grinned at her mischievously as he stroked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well, I'd say we tell the kids after dinner that they spend a few days with their grandparents at the Disneyland Resort at Anaheim. Any idea what we're cooking? Or do we want to order at Luigi's or Black Bamboo?"