Chapter 44 What the hell..

Thanks for your support, and I'm sorry that I'm only now coming back to post; a lot is going on at the moment. And a big thank you to my editors amys99999 . You are such a significant enrichment in my life, and I am very grateful for your help. You rock. And if you're interested in a new great original you should definitely read Tenacious Tulips. It's an awesome story :-) 

After Logan finished the phone call and put his iPhone on the coffee table, there was an eerie silence in the living room. Neither of his friends nor Max could say a word.

Logan himself couldn't believe what Odette had told him a few minutes earlier. He had never liked Tristan back then when he and Rory met him and Odette by chance at one of the several charity galas that were supported by HPG. But he never thought that Tristan would get involved in such a treacherous plan and kidnap a baby from its parents.

Logan's mind reeled at the new information. He began to question everything. Immediately, he wondered if Tristan was the only one who helped to get Norah out of America.

A quite ping on his MacBook air brought Logan back into reality. He opened his mail program, and with a pounding heart, he saw Odette's email. He opened the file and started working his way through the PDF. His anger grew immeasurably as he digested the words.

"Logan? Mate," Finn cleared his throat in an uncertain voice and wondered what news Logan had gotten from Odette.

"Not now, Finn," Logan mumbled and tried to continue reading, but the words blurred before his eyes. Logan's shoulders began to tremble, and first tears were burning in his eyes. "No, no, none of this can be true... " he whispered to himself in a shaky voice.

"Logan? What's going on? Come on, don't leave us hanging. What did Tristan do? "Colin took the next step and could only hope to get through him.

"Tristan helped him, Colin! I have to call agent Delany. Now they have to reopen the case. Finally there is a really good reason!" Logan said in a rush of words. He looked at Colin, "I have to call Rory! I am so angry! I know I should have a clear head when I call Rory, but I..I don't know if... "

"You can do it right now?" Colin guessed. "The best thing is to call Rory first. She deserves to know all this before you call agent Delany. Just take a deep breath and tell her,"Colin suggested.

He took a seat next to Logan and put his arms around his shoulders, and tried to hold his rising anger back. Colin knew he had to be strong for his best friend. He knew Logan needed him and Finn more than ever.

"You're right, Col. It's just that I..I am scared," Logan admitted trying his best to put on a brave face in front of his friends. However, he could no longer withstand the enormous, pressure. Logan clenched his hands to a fist, stood up jerkily. He walked up and down like a tiger in a cage in the living room.

"I know," Colin said with an understanding smile. "But we'll always have your back, whatever is going to happen, Logan!"

Logan turned around and said, "I know Colin, I guess I need a good glass of scotch before calling Rory. "

"Well, I've got a good bottle of scotch from my dad in the basement. But I need some explanations. Maybe you can enlighten me? "Max piped in, looking questioningly at Logan.

Logan glanced at Max. He ran a hand through his hair and said, "Yes, of course, Max. I owe you that. I still can't believe it what is happening right now," Logan admitted with a tired facial expression.

"I'm sure that we're going to find a solution. I'll be right back, " Max nodded and made his way to the basement.

"Yeah, I hope so too," Logan mumbled to himself after Max had left the living room.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While they were looking for a solution, Rory was still in the shopping mall with her daughters and Katherine.

"Well, how about dinner and afterward we could go to the cinema? Because tonight is a vintage movie night with all the classics like Casablanca, To Catch a Thief, and Breakfast at Tiffany's," Norah suggested while they were strolling through the shopping mall.

"This is a great idea, Norah. I love those movies. The best scenes are when Rick is saying.. "

"He's looking at you Kid, or Louis, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I can't get enough of this old masterpiece. It's one of the greatest movies of all time I had ever seen in my life. " Norah ended with a smile, the sentence of her twin sister.

"I agree, sweets, or how do you call Sophie? Schatzi right? This nickname is kinda sweet even if I don't understand what this word means," Nat continued while Rory and Kate were looking at the girls with happy smiles on their faces.

"Yeah, Schatzi. It means Honey or Sweetheart. If you don't mind, I'd call you Schatzi! "

"Sure thing, I love this nickname, Norah. And Mom?"

"Yeah, Nat? "

"How about if we ask grandma Lorelai if she would join us? I mean, it would be a great opportunity for her to get to know Norah. Or is it too early? "Nat asked and looked questioningly at her mom.

"I don't know if this would be a good idea. What do you think, Norah? Would you like to meet your grandmother?" Rory asked apprehensively as she turned to Norah.

Norah hesitated for a moment. The only grandparents she had known were living in the south of Chicago and London. Of course, she was curious about her grandmother, but still, she was quite insecure. There were so many factors that scared her. What if Norah didn't like her grandmother or she imagined another granddaughter than she expected?

"Well, I don't really know," Norah said. She looked pensively at Rory and said, "I have to get out of my comfort zone even if it is strange to meet and get to know her after fourteen years at some point I suppose." Secretly, Norah was proud of herself and her newfound ability to be more open-minded and determined.
This whole situation might be horrible for her, Sophie and adoptive parents, but there was good too. She's getting a new chance to have a second family that loves her unconditionally without any hesitation and doubts in their mind.

"I know sweets, and if you don't... "

"No, no, I want to get to know her, really, Rory. Please give her a call. In Omnia Paratus!" she interrupted her biological mom and smiled at her.

Rory didn't expect this answer, but somehow she was relieved that Norah is going to be more open towards her. The only thing she had to do was give her time.

"Thanks, sweetie. You can't imagine what this means to your grandmother and me," Rory answered, took her smartphone from her purse, and called her mom immediately.

"Hey, Rory, my sweet child of mine. I was thinking of you. Right now, Mitchum and I are sitting in a cozy little cafe. How are the girls?" she asked while she was sipping her coffee.

"We're good mom. How about a nice movie night in the theater? Norah told me that there is a vintage movie night with..."

"Just give me fifteen minutes, and I'll be there..." Lorelai replied with a huge grin on her face before her daughter could continue. Now she had the chance to get to know her lost granddaughter after nearly fourteen years of sorrows and fears.

"Alright mom, see you. Take care and tell Mitchum that I said hi!"

"Will do, Rory. Please tell Norah I'm really excited to get to know our honeybee!" Lorelai said.

„Yeah mom, bye!" Rory ended the call.