Chapter 47 What's next ?

My beloved fans, I'm so sorry that it took me longer than expected to post another chapter, but  now the latest chapter is finished. I want to thank my stunning editor @amys99999 you had done such a great Job again. And I want to thank all of you for your support. It means so much to me and whenever you're Looking for new reading material I would suggest you to read the orignal Tenacious Tulip from my Editor. You won't regret it ;-) so here we go with the next chapter ;-) 

For a brief instant, she closed her eyes as she laid in the warm, bubbly bath. Soft jazz music was playing in the background and the water was a soothing temperature, but Rory still couldn't really relax.

Rory's thoughts were still turning like a carousel in her mind, with no signs of slowing.

The day had started so well when Rory, her twin daughters, and Katherine were strolling through the mall. They had so much fun. It had been fascinating to watch both of her girls together. Norah and Nathalie were interacting as if they were never apart from each other. It was as if the nearly lost 13 years and six months had never happened in their lives.

An annoying sigh escaped her mouth, and Rory couldn't figure out why Tristan was involved in this whole situation. She never expected him to get into something so sordid. It seemed impossible and unreal.

While Rory tried to distract herself a little bit and lose herself in her bath, Logan was in the living room of the hotel suite with his eldest daughter Nathalie. "So tell me, how was your day, sweetie? Did you have a good time at the movies with Norah and Grandma?" Logan tried to get the conversation going.

"We had a lot of fun, dad. It was one of my best days in a long time. Norah and I have so much in common. It's the most amazing thing. I feel as though I have always known her. I still feel so sorry for her because she grew up with another family without having a clue that her real family was terribly missing her,"Nathalie said with a thoughtful smile on her face. She continued, "And she loves horses. She even has a kind of own horse in Lower Austria on a farm. Its name is Bruce. She wants me to meet him and asked if I could come along with her to the horse farm. So dad, can I go with her to the farm tomorrow?" She waited for an answer and looked at her father. "Dad, you seem so off, what's wrong? "

Nathalie looked into her father's concerned face and felt a massive tension in the room, but still, she was hoping that her father wouldn't confront her with more troubling news.

"Nathalie, I'm really happy for you that you and your sister had an excellent day, but I have to talk to you about Jason. I know you like this boy, but... "

"But what dad?" Nat asked as she tried to ignore her queasy increasing feelings in her gut.

"Mom and I talked about Jason, and, in our opinion, it would be better if you don't spend more time with him. We don't have a good feeling about him. Please try to understand," Logan explained to her and tried his best to prepare himself for the upcoming answers.

"No, Dad, you can't expect me to break up with Jason. I really like him a lot. I'm not gonna break up with him because you guys don't like him, dad. I'm not your little girl anymore. I'm fourteen and can decide for myself!" She looked accusingly at Logan and said, "I guess you had much more experience than me when you were my age, but that is no reason to doubt me!" She was fuming, jumped up from the couch and were pacing like a tiger in the cage up and down in the living room of their hotel suite.

She stopped for a moment and turned to her father. "Dolly... "

"How dare you call me Dolly, dad. I don't understand why you've suddenly become so conservative and conventional. And especially how did you get the idea that I have to break up with him now?

It wasn't a problem for you before that I spend time with him after school at Grandpa's Diner or go to the movies with him. Give me one good reason why I want to break up with him when I am so in love with him," she hurled at him, and slowly tears came to her eyes. She was so angry and shocked by her father's behavior. Of course, she knew that he had a hard time accepting that she had been having a relationship with Jason for a few weeks.

"Nathalie...Dolly, please calm down!" Logan begged her, got up from the sofa, and stopped in front of her.

"No, dad..no..", she whispered tearfully and tried to ignore her emotional chaos for now.

"Dolly please," he murmured and Logan was heartbroken when he saw his daughter standing in front of him, looking at him with the saddest eyes he had ever seen.

"Please tell me why daddy. Please.." she whimpered and felt how her tension slowly eased. Logan seized the opportunity and took his daughter in his arms. However, she clenched her fists against his chest. "I'll ask you again why Dad?" she sobbed, and although the whole situation had made Nat so angry, she was glad that her dad was there.

"I don't know if it would be good to tell you why Nathalie. Some day you'll understand why. Please believe me and mom, we never mean to hurt you on purpose. But sometimes it's better not to know the truth. Mom and I love you so much, and it hurts us too that you have to go through so many emotional obstacles." Logan said with a soothing voice and tried everything to calm down his crying daughter in his arms.