Chapter 66 Missed opportunities

Hello, my beloved readers, I know it took me a pretty long time to post another chapter of my story, but I had so much on my plate. Had gotten my diploma as a social worker and started this week on Monday at a new job :) but anyways I want to thank all of you for your support, and loyalty. And I want to also thank my editor amys99999 for editing my chapter again. You did as always a great job :) 

After Logan and Rory left the room, Tristan couldn't help but smile smugly, "That he's such a cowardly wimp..."

"If I were you, Tristan, I'd shut up. I'm going to run you and your lawyer into the ground. You can count on it," Colin interrupted him angrily while Steve and Finn watched the situation tensely.

"Oh yeah, I'm curious, Colin," Tristan began with a sneer. "O'Donnel has only lost 2 cases in his long career and is one of the best lawyers on the east coast. On the contrary, we're going to destroy you, and I will walk out of this situation a winner. Just the thought of Logan and Rory..."

"Shut the fuck up, DuGrey. I, Robert, and the rest of my team of lawyers will fuck you up so bad you're going to run crying to your mommy..." Colin murmured, leaning dangerously toward him and pounding the table with clenched fists.

"Col, calm down; he's not worth it, as Rory said earlier. He's a lousy piece of shit..." Finn tried to steer his longtime friend back so he wouldn't make a mistake.

Colin sighed in annoyance, turned to Finn, and nodded, "You're right, Finn, it's best if we let Muller and his team take over again. And you lousy piece of shit I will then see again in Hartford in court. Let's see if you still sit there as calmly as you do now..." Colin replied and turned to Tristan with a hateful look.

" I'm shivering. I'll see you.." Tristan grinned at them arrogantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan and Rory went for a little walk in the nearby Regents Park. The sun was reflected in the small lake where a few swans swam leisurely, and the birds were chirping happily in the trees.

"I'm afraid, Logan, of being unable to withstand the pressure. I would have thought I would be stronger, but this person radiates such coldness and hatred," Rory began to speak after some time as they walked together hand in hand in the park.

Logan stopped suddenly, took Rory's hands in his, and looked deep into the blue eyes he loved so much. He leaned closer to her and kissed her gently on the temple. "I know Ace, and you're not weak. You are one of the strongest women I have ever met, and I can't express how much I love you. You and our children are the most important things in my life. Without you, I would be hopelessly lost," he murmured in a low voice, trying not to let show how much energy this conversation with Tristan had cost him.

Rory needed him, and he needed her. Like air to breathe. "Logan, I'm so glad you're with me, and these are the tough times we're going through now. But I can tell you're pretty tired too. Tired of the whole situation, and if you think you can hide from me how you feel, then you're wrong, Logan. I think I know you better than I know myself. You don't always have to carry everything by yourself. It's easier to bear the burden together than do it alone. Let me help you, and please don't shut me out. I love you.." She whispered through her tears and gave free rein to her feelings.

Logan closed his eyes for a moment and tried to collect himself. "I love you too. I think I had feelings for you back when we met in Brandford. I'll never forget when you compared me to Judy Dench, Ace. And you're right, I don't want to shut you out but I don't want to cause you more worries than you already have. I just want to protect you.." he told her while he wiped her tears with his thumb away.