5. Chapter Daddy & Daughter Talk

Soo I'm terribly sorry, that it took me so long to get the 5th chapter done. I want to say thank you too a few People like Claudia Cleland, Ashley Rountree, Danielle and many others :) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND BETA READING.

Hope you're going to like the latest chapter have fun at reading.

"Thank you for this amazing dinner. It was so wonderful, if you don't mind can we get a hot chocolate?", Nathalie asked her dad after they had entered the limousine to take them home, Logan smiled and answered "Sure princess anything for you!"

Nathalie was thinking back to all the times her and her father had been out like this it hadn't been often for her.

Her dad has always been closed off and too busy with work or being in the home office to spend much time with her especially on birthdays so this was a rare treat to get to spend some quality one on one time with him.

Logan sat in the limousine pondering where his little girl had gone, sat before him now was a young adult who was so much like her mom.

She was strong willed and determined . Logan had missed so much of Nathalie's life growing up due to his inability to move on from what happened with Norah.

He missed his honeybee so much. He had closed himself off choosing to work rather than face his demons, he really was Mitchum Huntzbergers son.

Nathalie was watching her dad with a concerned look. "Dad?" she asked.

"Yeah Nathalie?" Logan answered and tried to forget the chaos in his head for a moment.

"Who was the little baby on the photo? Was it really me? Please be honest dad." Nathalie demanded and looked curiously at him.

He took a deep breath and considered every next step. "It was you honey, don't worry. How are you doing in school? Many tests??" he tried to change the topic of conversation, although he wasn't feeling very well about the fact that he lied to Nathalie again.

Obviously he hated that he had to lie, but he didn't want to hurt his oldest daughter or open the wounds he had spent so many years trying to close.

Logan knew it was only a matter of time before the truth came out. Especially as his children got older. Dispight they had tried to keep the stories of Norah out of the newspapers some had still been printed and Nathalie had her mother's instinct for digging for stories.

He and Rory had gone through hell the past 13 years and they had decided they didn't want to tell their kids, until they were all old enough to understand the full situation. It had been so hard because both Rory and Logan didn't want for their children to walk the path of pain, grief and anger like they have had to.

Nathalie still observed her father and wanted to know so badly what was going on her dad's mind. "Everything's ok dad, don't worry. After the easter holidays there are a lot of tests and midterms but I'm doing the best I can." she told him with a slight smile on her lips.

"I know Dolly, when it comes to school you've always taken after your mom. And how's the Franklin paper going?", he nodded and looked curiously at his daughter.

"Actually, we had a few restructuring at the paper but we're doing good. Really good dad and I'm very happy about it. I got the book and music column from the beginning of term.
I've already talked with the staff if it would be ok to write an article about Bruce Springsteen's latest book "Tour memories from the 80s", Nathalie told her father and Logan was a little surprised and proud at the same time.

"Wow that's pretty cool and if you need help just ask me yeah?" he winked at Nathalie. "Thanks dad, is everything really ok? I'm worried about you and mom." the young girl inquired and was afraid of her father's answer.

"Oh sweetheart you don't have to be worried about us. Sometimes the whole grown up talk isn't so easy to handle. I'm so proud of you Nathalie and I know I haven't been the best dad but.."

"Dad you're doing the best you can. But I don't want to be one of the kids which parents are divorced like many school colleagues in my class.
And I guess you don't want to be weekend dad for me, Jacob and Grace. It..it would be the worst scenario if you and mom were going to divorce.."Nathalie interrupted him, was very precarious and stared at her father with sad eyes.

Logan closed his eyes for a moment. He had never wasted any thought about it that his children were thinking that he and Rory are going to divorce. Never. "Oh Nathalie why haven't you talked to me earlier?
You know you can always come to me and mom. No matter what happens. We love you so much." Logan tried to pursue his daughter.

"Oh dad I know that, although I don't understand why you're behaving so odd on my birthdays! I don't get it and I want to know the reason, please daddy. I am old enough to understand now I'm not your little girl anymore!!" she argued with her dad and couldn't hold back her tears anymore.