Chapter 33 Parenting isn't an easy thing to do

Wow I'm so stunned about your response again :) thanks a lot for your interests and please leave critics and any kind of comments after reading. I woulld be thrilled about it and a big thank you to my lovel beta reader amys99999 you're a awesome editor :-* and please check out her great original story "Beyond the Door". 

"Dad, do you have a minute?" Nathalie asked her father as he sat in the living room with a glass of Scotch and some work papers.

"Hey Nat, of course. What's going on?" he asked putting his glasses on the table and looking at her questioningly.
"I’ve been thinking about Emma and everything that is going on. I would like to know more about Em, I mean Norah, Dad. I know you’ve never really wanted to talk about it, but I just need to know what happened back then, please," she moved closer and sat down on the couch next to her father.

"Dolly, I don't know if now is the right time to tell you everything.  This whole situation is so complex and unsettled. I don't want to make you even more insecure and burden you with worries that are not yours,” he said.  Then he sighed at her determined look and said, “We met your sister’s adoptive parents today to discuss the situation. We agreed that we would do a DNA test tomorrow when we talked with Norah about it." Logan explained the basics to her as he put his arm around her shoulders and gave her a loving kiss on the temple.

Nathalie sighed, turned to her father and looked at him with an apprehensive smile. She cleared her throat, "But why do you have to do a DNA test? I don't understand.  She is my sister. She is your daughter. The photos don't lie, Dad. Emma, aka Norah, has to be my twin sister! Liam showed me some pictures of Norah today. There is no denying it!  You can't imagine how much strength it took me to tell him nothing about it. It will also turn his world upside down Daddy..."

On a roll, Nathalie kept going, "Wouldn't it be better to tell him about it Dad? It will undoubtedly be a big shock for him too. I can hardly believe it myself that after almost 14 years I found out by a strange coincidence that I have a twin sister.  I'm so happy that this secret has finally been revealed. When I think about how much you and Mom suffered when Norah wasn't with us anymore. I am so sorry Daddy. I hate those people who did this to us! Do these people know how much they hurt us with this?"
“Nat...” Logan attempted to speak.
“No Dad! They hurt us!  She is ours, not theirs!  And I don’t get it why you and Mom stopped the investigations. After all, she’s...” Nathalie continued angrily.
“My daughter,” Logan said finally cutting in.  “I know Nathalie. You can’t imagine how much it still hurts that she’s so close to us, and I can't do anything about it. But we have to be patient,” he said trying to soothe his daughter.

“Why?  Why do we have to be patient? I hate them!  Don’t you want to find out who took her away from us?  Doesn’t it make you angry?” Nathalie stormed.

“Of course it does.  I can’t even tell you how much it angers me.  But we have to go about this the right and legal way,” Logan said.  He took a deep breath and approached Nat in a calmer tone. “I do have good news for you, Nathalie. Your mother and I have arranged for you to meet Norah tomorrow after we have the results from the DNA test.
We have decided to consult  two psychologists so that they can support you and your sister in this challenging situation.” Logan said. He hoped his words might calm and give some hope to Nathalie.

Nathalie immediately softened.  She said, “I’m going to get to meet her?”  Her voice crackled a bit as she smiled. Nathalie’s anger evaporated as she envisioned meeting her sister.

Logan looked at his daughter's facial expressions and could only hope that he and Rory had made the right decision. "Yes, sweetie, and I think it's time to go to bed. Tomorrow we're going to have a long, exhausting day." Logan gave her a soft smile and stroked a strand of his daughter's hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, sounds like tomorrow will be busy.  I'm looking forward to finally meeting Norah," she said with a smile.  
Then she sobered a little and in a worried voice said, “What if she doesn't like me? Or worse that I don't want her? I know it sounds stupid, but I’m a little nervous. I mean you met her yesterday, Dad. What do you think of her? Is she just like me?"

"What I can say so far is that you and Norah are very much alike in many things. But in three hours I couldn't possibly find out everything about Norah. She was pretty shy and reserved towards Finn and me, which reminds me of a lot of your mom,” Logan said.

He patted her hand and said, “I understand that you are afraid of tomorrow, but I am sure that she will like you. I mean how could she not like you? After all, she's your twin sister, and I know that Mom and I made a big mistake that we didn't tell you before, but hopefully this will be the beginning of a good relationship with her.
We just had such concerns and fears that you wouldn't trust us anymore and I wish we had told Gracie too. Jacob is still too young, but we have to explain to him why he has another sister in a way he can understand.”  

Logan tried to explain to his daughter as he struggled with himself and his feelings. Since yesterday, all their lives had changed dramatically. He knew this was going to be a long adjustment for everyone involved.   

"Oh Daddy, don’t you think it would have been much easier if you had at least told Grace and me about it? I mean, I now understand your side of things. You just wanted to protect us from emotional pain. But it would have been easier if everyone just knew. It won't be easy for Norah either. I feel so sorry for her Daddy, but she belongs to us, to her family," she said firmly. “I cannot wait to meet her tomorrow.”

“I know you are nervous and excited, Nathalie.  I really think it will all be good. I’m heading to bed now too. It was a long day.” Logan said almost yawning.

“I hope so.  And Dad?” Nat asked.

“Yeah?” Logan said turning toward his daughter.

“I love you and I couldn’t imagine a better dad than you. I’m proud of you and together we can conquer the world right?!” she smiled at her father and hugged him tight.  

“Yes, Nathalie. We’re going to get through this as a family. I love you too. Good night,” he whispered into her ear, touched about his daughters words. At that moment Logan realised how mature she was for a fourteen year old girl.

“Good night daddy. See you tomorrow,” she nodded and gave him a brief kiss on his cheek and left the living room.