12. Chapter New Beginnings

Well, my dear readers, I'm so sorry that I had such a delay, but I've got so many things on my mind right now. New work, evening classes, and writing ;-) hopefully, you're going to enjoy this chapter and please leave a comment after reading.
It would be such a blast for me. I want to thank @LindaProsser1 for reading and correcting my story.
You're so awesome: -* and I want to say thank you to @ClaudiaCleland too because you're a great asset to me in so many ways. I'm enjoying our chats and talking about new ideas and thanks for the hints and advice for a lot of scenes: -*

"God, this movie is so romantic," Emma whispered into Liam's ear, trying to ignore the warm feeling that was spreading through her body as Baby and Johnny were dancing their final dance in the vintage movie Dirty Dancing.

"Yeah, that's true..," Liam muttered. He took her hand without realizing it and squeezed it gently. To his great surprise, Emma squeezed it back almost instantly.

Relieved Liam sighed and was happy that he decided to watch "Dirty Dancing" with Emma instead of the latest action movie with Liam Hemsworth. This way he was able to observe her in peace without having to justify himself to her because it was dark in the movie theatre.

Emma came into Liam's life like a whirlwind. He couldn't believe how much he liked her already, after knowing her for just a few weeks. With every minute he spent with her, he falls for her even more.

At the age of 14, Liam was never really in love. Of course, he flirted with other girls and had gone on some dates, but none of those girls he ever dated were like Emma. So natural, unadulterated and genuine.

Emma watched Liam, he looked so cute, lost in his thoughts. Did she just think that Liam looked cute? She shook her head in disbelief, and despite the situation, a broad smile appeared on her lips.

Maybe it was destiny that Liam came into her life. With him, everything seemed better than before. She couldn't imagine a day without him in her life. Liam was such a great supporter of Emma. He helped her in so many ways.
Emma was adventurous, but her shyness often held her back. She wished that she was as outgoing as Melinda or her sister Sophie. She sighed, then reached over to get some of the nachos that they were sharing, and their hands collide again.

When Emma lightly touched his hand, she looked at him and cleared her throat asking, Liam? Is everything ok?",

"Sure.." Liam was surprised when he felt the touch of Emma's hand. Their faces were only a few inches apart. Liam felt Emma's warm breath on his cheeks. Nobody said a word when they looked into each other's eyes. A soft, intense brown hit a sparkling blue.

The next few moments seemed like a blur to the young girl, as her heart beat hard against her chest. She had never been this close to a boy before. Her palms became sweaty. Emma had no experience with boys.

The young girl tried to calm herself down. Emma's two best friends, Melinda and Sally, already had experience dating, and she was the only one of her friends, who never was kissed by a boy.

She was excited, and frankly, she didn't know what to do now. Why was everything so complicated? In her wildest dreams she often thought how her first kiss would happen and yet she was afraid now.
Was it fear of screwing up her first kiss, or what if she misinterpreted the signs? What If Liam didn't like her or want to kiss her?! So many thoughts were running through Emma's mind while Liam watched her with a concerned look.

He would do anything to know what's going on in her pretty head, although he feared that Emma might not have an interest in having a boyfriend right now.

Liam hesitantly raised his hand and tenderly stroked her cheek. When Liam's hand touched her cheek, she flinched briefly. Feeling his hand on her skin felt wonderful.

She gently leaned forward and could feel his breath. Emma innocently looked up at him and then he kissed her. She closed her eyes, and when she felt his lips touch his, she gently kissed him back.

After a few seconds, which seemed like an eternity to Emma, Liam ended the kiss and looked deep into her eyes. "Wow..." she just whispered and couldn't believe Liam had kissed her.

"Yeah...I must confess that I like you more than a friend. I hope you're feeling.."

Emma stuttered and lowered her gaze in embarrassment, "Yes, I'm feeling the same way you do. That kiss felt so amazing. Gosh, I'm so nervous talking about this.."

"Emma, sweets. Look at me. You're such a beautiful and amazing girl. I love spending every free minute of my time with you. When you are by my side, everything seems better," he told her and brought his head close, resting his forehead on hers.

Red curls fell around Emma's beautiful face, against her cheeks and Liam's chest rose and fell as he drew in a breath.

"Oh, you are such a charmer, Mr. Morgan," she giggled and rose her eyebrows.

"For you always my Angel..," he bantered grinning, laying his arm around Emma's shoulders kissing her on the temple.

About twenty minutes later the movie was finished, and together they strolled through the empty shopping center.

"Liam, what are your plans for tonight? Didn't you mention earlier in school, that you're calling your family in Hartford?", she asked him right away when they had left the shopping center.

"Yeah, and I'm so happy that I'm going to see my parents and Zoey via FaceTime. I miss my little munchkin a lot. If you don't mind I'm bringing you home now, if you're ok with that?! I mean it's on my way back home to boarding school.", Liam nodded and looked at her curiously.

"I would love that. Do you have more siblings than Zoey? I always wanted to have a little brother, but my parents got a divorce when I was 2 and my sister was 6 years old. Despite that, I had a wonderful childhood. What was your childhood like?" Emma looked at him questioningly and took a seat on one of the several benches in the metro station.

Liam told her a lot about his childhood in Hartford and the time flew by. A half hour later, they were standing in front of Emma's second home, her father's house.

The two teenagers stood in front of the front door. They did not know what to say next.

Finally, Emma spoke. Shyly looking up at him she said, "Thanks for bringing me home."

"Oh, it's alright. It's been an honor bringing you home. I mean, what type of friend would I be if I hadn't? If my dad taught me anything, it was to get the girl home safe," Liam rambled.

"Yeah...I think I should go in now. Thanks for the nice day Liam..", she whispered and barely dared to look at him.

"You're welcome my precious angel.." he muttered, as he came closer to her and kissed her softly.