13. Chapter Father-Son Conversation

Well, my dear readers, I want to say thank you and I'm so terribly sorry that it took me so long to post another chapter of my story. The last days I had a tough time but hopefully, it will be getting better as soon as possible. A big thank you to my beta reader @LindaProsser1 and of course @ClaudiaCleland. Hope you're having fun at reading this chapter and please feel free to leave a comment at the end I would appreciate it very much.

About 20 minutes later Liam arrived back to his room. A satisfied sigh escaped his mouth and he took his MacBook air from his backpack. He turned on the laptop, put it on his desk and clicked on the facetime app to call his dad.

A few seconds later the faces from his parents appeared. "Hey, mom, dad! It's good to see you," he greeted both of his parents with a big smile before they even could say a word.

"It's good to see you too buddy. So, tell us how Vienna is? We are curious." Finn asked his son while he and his wife Rosemary looked at their son.

It wasn't so easy for Liam's parents, especially for Rosemary. He was her only son, her baby, who was so far away from her now. For a long time, she had discussed with Finn whether it was ok to send Liam to a European boarding school. Of course, they only want the best education for Liam.

"Oh actually, it is amazing here in Vienna. I think Aunt Rory and her mom would like it here. They've got delicious coffee in this city of culture and music. I've made a couple of good friends. In my class, there are so many students, coming from several places like New Zealand, Germany, England, America and Australia too. Luke, one of my newest friends, comes from Adelaide, which I'm happy, so I don't feel like an outsider.

"I'm happy for you Liam and it's always good to have friends from the same country. How are the classes??" Rose asked him.

"They're cool and if I am honest, I really enjoy the classes except for math. Because my Maths teacher, well he's pretty strict and reminds me a lot of my last maths teacher at Chilton.
We have a school newspaper, I joined it and now I'm the one who's shooting the pictures for our paper."

"Really? This sounds amazing darling. A little distraction never hurts besides school, homework and studying for tests.
But I think if you're trying your best your Maths teacher is going to support you.Don't worry." Liam's mother answered and her husband agreed in silence.

"Yeah, I hope so mom. In boarding school, they even offer some photography courses, which I'm attending with my friends Em and Melinda. But how are the things going in Hartford and where is my lovely sister Zoey?" asked Liam

"Zoey has a play date with Jacob, Levy, and Leah. I'm glad that you're enjoying your time there Liam. That's awesome, and I'm so proud of you. You really seem to be happy."

"Thanks so much, dad, mom, I miss you, but I like this school, although I wasn't very fond of this idea that you're shipping me to Vienna.." he grinned at his parents.

"I'm glad, but I have to go now because I've got an appointment with one of my clients. I love you Liam and miss you too honey. Can't wait to see you asap. Love you.." Rosemary smiled at her son lovingly.

" I love you too and give my little sister a hug and a big kiss, and tell her that I miss her," Liam replied.

"Sure, I'll do that. There is never a day where Zoey isn't asking me when you're coming home. She misses you a lot too. Well, I'll have to go now, and I'll call you tomorrow. Take care son."

"You too mom, see you tomorrow"

After his mother left Finn's office, Liam's father cleared his throat. "How are you dad? Is everything alright at home?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I've got a lot on my plate these last few days at the company. How was your week so far?" Finn inquired grinning while he was taking a short glance on his iPhone. He frowned his forehead when he saw that he had missed 2 calls from Logan.

"Do you really want to know, dad? It might bore you, dad."

"Why should it bore me? I want to know what my eldest son is doing this past week," Finn winked and looked at his son.

"Hm..there is not much to tell you about my week. A lot of homework, some school excursions to the technical and nature-historical museum and my first placement tests for German and Spanish class. Well, for my German course that didn't turn out so well."

"Alright, but I know that you're doing the best you can son and I guess you will achieve every goal but you just need a little push sometimes."

"Don't worry dad I've met a new friend. Her name is Emma. She is bilingual, although her parents are from America and London. She is going to help me learn the German language. "

"So that's good to hear Liam.", Finn nodded.

"You can't imagine how difficult this language is. But I'm sure I will be placed in the advanced Spanish class.
Today I went to the Danube Island, we had great weather. Then it started to rain when my friend Emma wanted to show me her favorite place.
Despite the change of the weather we decided to go to the Hayden cinema. However, I do miss my friends especially Nathalie.
It's a pity that there aren't any clubs like the puffs at Chilton. But whatever," Liam continued and hoped that his dad didn't ask him any more questions.

Finn smiled as he listened to his son. It sounded to him that Liam meet someone. But he realized that he wasn't ready to share more, so he decided not to ask him anything yet about Emma.

"Wow, that's great. I can imagine how hard it must be for you to learn a new language and I understand that you're missing your friends here in Hartford. But remember summer break is coming soon. By the way, Nathalie said hi.
Nevertheless, I'm coming to Vienna on the 9th till 13th of May. If you have the time you can show me your favorite spots, maybe I can meet your friends."

Liam looked at his dad a little surprised. He took his school calendar out of his backpack to see if he had any urgent schoolwork then.

"Dad I've got time I even have free days, so we can spend time together, maybe mom and Zoey can come too. What is your schedule for today Dad? Any appointments?"

"I've got a lot of appointments today, and this evening, I'm meeting uncle Logan and uncle Colin at our favorite restaurant tonight, and play poker afterward What are you doing the rest of this evening? Let me guess watching Netflix or Amazon Prime?"

"Yeah, or read a new book. One of my friends suggested that I should read this book. Can you imagine? I, hardly ever read books unless they are assigned for a class. It's a biography," Liam told his dad.

Finn couldn't believe what his son said Liam reading for enjoyment. "That's impressive and which biography are you going to read?" Finn asked his son.

"It's "Born to Run" Dad, Emma is a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen like uncle Logan and Nathalie. The first time she told me about it I had to laugh out loud because Em totally reminds me of Nathalie. Don't ask me why dad. Oh, could you ask one of your business partners if they have connections to Warner Bros?"

Finn sat there shocked, could it be...no way. This couldn't be. Stop it, Finn, his inner voice scolded.

"Why? Do you need a few tickets for your friends for the premiere for Fantastic Beasts and where to find them Part 5 in New York or London?" he asked him and trying to avoid his thought.

"Yes, this would be a blast dad. Please keep me in the loop!"

"I'll do what I can, and Liam? "

"Yes, dad?"

"I love you and never forget that I'm proud of you. You're a good kid even when you' get into some problems. Son, I did the same thing too when I was in your age." Finn chuckled and looked at his watch.

"I know dad, and I love you too, and I guess you have to go right now or? And tell Uncle Logan I said hi..."

"Yeah, I love you son. See you soon."

"See ya dad.", Liam nodded and ended the facetime conversation. Before he could take his Kindle out of his backpack his cell phone began to ring. A big grin appeared on his lips when he read Emma's name on the display.