Chapter 57 News

Thanks a lot for your support I know I needed more time to write another chapter. But I still have a lot on my plate. Work is pretting exhausting in those covid19 times. But I hope it gets better soon. A big thank you to my amazing editor amys99999. You did as always a great job. I would be so thrilled when you're going to leave any kind of comment after reading the chapter. Thanks in advantage 

After everyone was comfortable in the presidential suite's living room with a pot of coffee and tea and cake, Norah cleared her throat as she nervously played with her fingers. "So, dad, you were going to tell me what's going on, even though I have a little bit of a premonition."

"That's right, sweetheart, this morning I wanted to discuss with your adoptive parents what's going to happen now, but before we could discuss it in detail Agent Delany from the FBI called..." Logan began hesitantly.

Norah suddenly felt strange. When the FBI called her dad, it didn't mean a good thing in her opinion. But maybe it was good news? The carousel of thoughts started spinning again in Norah's mind. Logan immediately noticed that Norah felt overwhelmed, took her hands in his, and tried to read any reactions in her eyes. However, her otherwise expressive brown eyes were empty and sad. "The FBI, dad?" she whispered in a barely audible voice.

"Yes, Norah. We all thought long and hard about whether to even tell you about this, but it affects us all now. It's about one of the people who's responsible for your kidnapping, who played a big part in it almost 14 years ago. The big problem is that they still haven't found him, even though they issued an arrest warrant.
Maybe he got information from someone he knows, and now the FBI doesn't know where he is. Furthermore, I immediately asked Agent Delany for protection to be safe, and that's why we picked you up right away without thinking twice. I could never forgive myself if something had happened to you." Logan began to tell and gently squeezed her hands.

"I honestly don't know what to say right now. Except that I'm scared, dad. Where do I go from here? The most logical answer would be that I move to Hartford with you guys. I can't even finish my school year here. I have to start a new life with you guys. But...I can't leave mom and dad. Not so fast. After all...god, this whole thing is so complicated.." she rambled and was giving her best not to break out in tears again.

"Honey..."

"No, I.. can't leave them alone, Dad. After all, they had raised me for fourteen years. I love both of them with all their flaws and good sides, and I don't want them to give up their jobs because of me," she interrupted Logan with a small voice while she didn't dare to look at her adoptive parents.

Max and Katherine also noticed that this conversation was taking its toll on Norah. Of course, they could understand that it would be tough for their adopted daughter to leave Vienna, her hometown, where she grew up for almost 14 years. And they could see she was obviously very torn. So Max decided to intervene to ease some of Norah's worries.

"Norah, sweetheart. Your mom and I wanted to wait to tell you the good news. Your mom and I want to give our relationship another chance. That's why your mother and I have decided to leave Vienna to start a new life in New Haven or Hartford. We couldn't bear not to see you as often as we do now.
 Of course, we know that you have to get used to your new family as well. Rory and Logan love you more than you can imagine. And before you worry about our jobs, I already got a great job offer at Yale. I'm sure you won't remember John Masters; he was one of my former study colleagues, who'd visited me a long time ago. He offered me a job at Yale School of Medicine without knowing about our situation. I still can't believe they want me to be a professor and head of the cell biology department." Max cleared his throat, was walking towards her and kneeled in front of her.

"Really? You're moving to the USA?" she asked and couldn't realize what her adoptive father Max said.

"Yeah, Kid.." he slightly smiled at her, and then all emotional barriers broke. Norah began to weep and couldn't stop. "Hey..hey sweetie, please don't cry.." Max tried to get through her, took a seat next to her, and without any hesitations, she hugged her adoptive father tightly. "That's great...but...I think I can't live with you guys anymore, right? And I have to leave all my friends.." she still sobbed.

Rory couldn't be quiet anymore; she had to do something to help her daughter. Norah needed her, so she got up from the couch, walked to her crying daughter, and laid a hand on her shoulders.

"Honey? Norah, I know it is pretty hard for you, and I'm so terribly sorry that we have to put you through all those processes.
However, we're all trying our best, and you're right; we have to get back home to Hartford asap." she tried to explain to Norah, and the young girl turned towards her mom. She looked at her biological mom, trying not to break into tears again. After all, she wasn't five anymore to cry over something stupid.

"I...I know but..but mom, I don't want to leave Luna, my cat here in Vienna. She's my everything, my best friend. And oh my god, Bruce, my horse. What about him, I.." Norah stopped immediately and was afraid of her mom's answers.

Those animals were a big part of her life. She fought so hard to get her baby cat because her mom didn't want her first, and not to think of her horse Bruce. It was one of her best birthdays when she had gotten the owner certificate for Bruce to her 12th birthday from her dad Max.
"Norah, sweetie? We'll find a solution I pro..." the rest of Logan's sentence was interrupted when Katherine's iPhone began to ring.

"Hey, little brother..what? Whoa, stop what's wrong," she greeted her younger brother Alex, who was working as a special agent at MI5 in London.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about you guys adopting a kidnapped baby, and if so, then..."

"Alex, let me talk. Max and I didn't know then that Emma, I mean Norah, had been a kidnapped baby. Wait! Don't tell me you found a certainTristan DuGrey in London? Because that would be a great relief to all of us..."

"Yes, I was the one who arrested him. He is currently in one of our interrogation rooms in the London headquarters from MI5. I have to get back to the interrogation right now as well. I should pass on that information that Logan Huntzberger should be on his way to London as soon as possible with his wife and a lawyer.
We'll discuss everything else there. The news that we have arrested a worldwide wanted criminal is already on TV, as well as the FBI already knows about it, and Agent Delany will arrive tomorrow around 9 am at our headquarters to transfer Tristan DuGrey to America." Alex told her and still couldn't wrap his head around that news.

"Ok, I'll tell them about it, and we're coming to London asap. Don't you worry about us? Can you please tell mom, dad, and Stella, that we're coming? I guess I'm not able to give them a call right now. I gotta go.
Take care of yourself, yeah? Love you, Alex." she said and disconnected the call. After she put her smartphone on the tea-table, she was walking up and down the living room like a tiger in a cage.

"I don't know where I should start, but we should get on a plane immediately to London. Because my younger brother Alex, who's working as a secret agent at MI5, the British secret service had arrested Tristan DuGrey. I still can't believe it.." she explained in a shaky voice while tears were pooling in her eyes.