Chapter 35 Everything's changing

Wow, I still can't quite believe I've reached so many readers. After all 14 k and 1k votes :) this is an incredible amount for me. I am glad about it. You can't imagine how much this fills me with joy. I am proud that I have already reached so many readers with my story. Thank you for your support, votes, and comments.
Furthermore, I would like to thank my beta Reader  @amys99999
. Thank you for supporting me so much, and I wanted to mention again that I am a big fan of her original "Beyond the door," it includes everything. Of great feelings, wit, and lovely scenes. But now I don't want to let you wait. The next chapter is waiting for you ;-) 

Logan took a deep breath and tried to move one foot after another foot towards the crying girls. But his feet and his mind were not working together. His mind and thoughts were racing as his feet seemed to grow roots into the floor. They were stuck in place prohibiting him from moving forward or backward. He screamed to himself in his mind, "Don't be a coward, Logan! Come on you can do this! Move!"

Cautiously and painstakingly slow, he moved towards the sobbing girls.

"What do you want?!" Sophie asked glaring at him with bloodshot eyes as he approached.

Logan sighed closing his eyes for a few seconds trying to figure out what he could say to defuse the situation. He could understand Sophie's anger and protectiveness. After all, she grew up with his daughter.

Logan began to talk, "Listen, I know you're hurt, angry, confused, and irritated. And you have a right to feel all those things. I'm aware that you don't know what you should do or feel." He paused and took another step closer. "But you're not the only one who's feeling that way. We are all in disbelief and shock right now. Believe it or not, I'm so sorry for you, Emma, I mean Norah, and your family."

"You're sorry for us? You have no clue what I'm going through right now. Can you imagine how much it must hurt my little sister? Why now? Why do you want her back now? Where have you been all these years?" the eighteen-year-old girl furiously growled at him.

"Sophie, please let me explain!" Logan begged.

"No, I don't want to hear anything you have to say!" Sophie snapped.

"Stop arguing, please," Norah said in a small soft voice. "Mr Huntzberger, Sophie, we have to face reality." Norah looked at Sophie and said, "I'm not your real sister. But I don't know what else to say. I'm a loss of words!" Norah began sobbing again, unable to control herself and her emotional balance.

Everything was falling apart. A few days ago everything was ok, and now her whole life was upside down. She felt utterly lost. She had no idea who she was anymore. She gazed around the room at her family, the family she thought was hers. Then she looked at the strangers who were her blood family. She had never felt so confused or lost.

"May I cut in?" one of the therapists stepped forward. "Sophie, Emma, I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. I imagine this must hurt you, Norah. And I am sure you have very conflicted feelings as well, Nathalie. I am sure that both of you would rather be anywhere but here right now," she said with a sympathetic smile.

Norah glanced at her and nodded, "Yeah, somewhere else sounds pretty good. I can't understand why this must happen now?" A new flood of tears escaped her eyes as she withdrew from her sister's embrace.

Sarah Paulsen moved closer and took the girl's hands in hers. She tried to evaluate how she could help her. She decided to befriend the girl first and make Norah more comfortable with her. "Perhaps hot chocolate would help? Or a good cup of coffee? I've heard from your parents that you're really addicted to coffee? Let's try something familiar and soothing while we talk this through," she suggested.

"Yes I am, but no cup of coffee is going to solve this. And I don't want to ruin coffee for myself with the association to this moment," Norah said stubbornly.

Across the room, Logan held back a smile. At that moment with those words, Norah reminded him so much of Rory. Despite the terrible situation, he felt a small connection to his lost daughter.

Norah was still talking to the therapist. She said, "I don't know what to do. But what I know is that I'm so angry and sad. I don't understand why my parents never told me that I wasn't their biological child. And I'm not Norah. My name is Emma." She shook her head and felt betrayed. Betrayed by everybody. She felt a pain in her chest as she wondered if Liam knew the truth. She didn't know who she could trust anymore. The only person she fully trusted was her sister Sophie.

Sarah intervened again trying her really best to get through her, "Listen, it is ok and natural to be angry and frightened. It would be odd if you wouldn't feel that way. It is so important that you don't hide your feelings and emotions. I am proud of you for expressing yourself. It may not seem like it now, but expressing these emotions and talking them through will help you find peace with the situation eventually."

"But it's not ok that my mom and dad lied to me. You're right, Miss Paulsen, I have every right to feel angry. I don't want to understand this situation right now! I'm sorry, but I don't want to be here anymore!" she said. A few wavy strands of her red hair fell loosely in her face and stuck to the tears on her face. She swatted them away angrily.

"Emmy please let me and Dad explain why..."

"No! I don't want to hear anything from any of you! You are all liars! It's all your fault that my life is destroyed now. I hope you're satisfied!" she fired at them running into the foyer.

All of the people the room were stunned at her outburst. She was normally an easy going girl. While they expected her to be upset, they were not expecting that. "Oh god, Max what should we do know?" she whispered with a shaky voice. "Should we follow her or give her time? Nathalie, what are you doing?"

"I'm going to talk to my sister because no one of you really knows what to say to calm her down. Let me give it a shot," Nath interrupted her father and followed her sister into the foyer.

"Emma! Norah, wait please! Where are you going? Please don't run away. I'm not the one who hurt you. I'm hurting too. My, our, parents lied to me too. I'm angry and hurt that I never knew about you. I feel guilty and awful too." Nathalie sighed, "I think our parents just want the best for us though. 
Since I had found out the truth and talked to them a little, I do see their situation from a different angle. I know you don't want to hear about all that now, but I can tell you when you are ready. For now, I just want to get to know my sister who I didn't know for nearly fourteen years. Please give me a chance! I mean, we are twins! Can you believe it?" she pleaded while her sister put on her chucks and leather jacket.

"I...I god I have a sister. A twin sister," Norah said in disbelief. Her motions stilled as she looked at Nat. "I'm so sorry that I never had the chance to grew up with you, Nathalie." She leaned against the wall and literally slumped down into her knees. The feelings that piled up in her were too much for her. 
"I can hardly believe it. We are identical twins. And my name is not Emma. I can't believe it that my real name is Norah. What do we do now?" she whispered in a scared, defeated tone.

She began to weep, and Nathalie took a seat next to her sister. She took her into her arms, humming one of her longtime favorite song "If you should fall behind" by Bruce Springsteen. Norah glanced up recognizing the song. 
She hummed a verse with her twin. The girls stared at each other. They could feel the lost bond between them growing. Despite years apart, there was a pull towards each other.

"I have no idea what we are going to do now," Nathalie said. "But I think we should vow to do it together."