Chapter 41 Bonding Part 2

Well, my beloved readers, I'm so sorry that it took me so long to write another chapter, but now the next chapter is coming round the corner :) so thanks for your support and comments. I appreciate it :) And for the record, in the next chapter, there will happen a lot of things. Just stay tuned and thanks to my amazing editor @amys99999 you're such a big assett in both of My stories and I can't thank you enough and please check out her new original story Tenacious Tulip. It's really a great story.  

A half an hour later, Norah sat with Sophie, Nathalie, and Liam in her room. They still couldn't decide which movies to watch. They had it narrowed down to "Titanic", "Sleepless in Seattle", "The Way We Were" and "The Last Song" but still couldn't reach an agreement.

"Well, I would love to see "The Last Song", "Sleepless in Seattle", and "Titanic". We have enough time," Norah spoke and looked at them hopefully.

"Yes, those are good choices, Norah. I love all these movies and haven't seen them for a long time," Nat nodded agreeing with her twin sister with a big smile on her lips.

"Well then let's start with the movie night. I'll get the plates and cans. Liam, would you give me a hand, please?" Sophie asked him. She got up from her adoptive sister's bed purposefully to give Norah and Nathalie a time for bonding. It was a difficult time for Sophie. But she rationalized that Norah would always be her sister, biological or not.

"Sure, no problem, "Liam nodded and went with Sophie into the kitchen.

After Liam and Soph left, Nat coughed slightly. Hesitantly, she said, "I'm so happy that our Dad found you, Norah. I can't imagine what they were going through over the years. But now everything's going to change, and I'm excited and afraid at once because I don't know if you... "

"If I like you? "Norah ended her sentence and looked at her with big eyes.

Nathalie nodded and added, "Yeah, I'm terrified. Even if we have many similarities, it's just so strange. When I was a little girl, I always wished I had a twin that looked like me. I used to imagine switching places like Hallie and Annie from the 'The Parent Trap'. I can't even count how many times I saw that movie. I remember seeing it when it came to the theatre in 2019 again with my parents and siblings. It always had some special appeal for me."

"Oh, I adore that movie. I always felt a strange pull towards it as well," Norah said. She gave a small smile and asked, "Who do you want to be? Hallie or Annie?"

Nathalie grinned at Norah's joke. She was so happy they had found common ground and were able to joke about movies and the situation they found themselves in.

"Ok, enough Parent Trap. I know you love Bruce Springsteen. What is one of your favorite performance from Bruce?" Norah asked her and was getting excited.

Nathalie had a thoughtful expression on her face, and then she said, "Oh, that's a tough question. Well, let me think. One of my faves is when Bruce is singing with Bon Jovi. They sang 'Born to Run' and 'Who Says You Can't Go Home?' in 2012. I guess you know Bon Jovi since you're a big fan of the Boss? They are both New Jersey guys. Bon Jovi  is one of my mom's favorite bands. She grew up with their music and went to three or four concerts."

"Yeah, I've heard about them and listened to some of their music. My mom had such a crush on Jon Bon Jovi when she was my age. But I seldom listen to them on Spotify or amazon music," Norah said.

"Sorry to interrupt your little chit chat, Nat, but our food has arrived. Could one of you put the blu ray in the player? Please?" Soph cleared her throat as she entered the room with a big pizza box. Liam, who was carrying the plates and a few cans soda, followed her.

"Sure thing. And with which movie should we start now?" Nathalie asked.

"Let's start with 'Sleepless in Seattle'," Norah said quickly. Then she paused and said, "Please. I mean, if everyone else wants to. It's so romantic when Sam and Annie see each other on the Empire State Building again, with the melody theme from 'An Affair to Remember' playing in the background."

"Alright, great choice! It's one of my faves too," Nat nodded and put the movie in the player.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------While the kids were having a Movie night, the adults were still sitting in the living room.  "Well, I guess it's time for a lot of research and explanations," Logan began. "I can't believe that Pierre was your uncle. Were there any pieces of evidence like a letter or anything else when you had adopted her? Did she come with anything?" he questioned and stopped for a moment.

"The FBI was sending the files of Norah's kidnapping to the Interpol too. But after half a year the investigations were stopped by the FBI because there weren't any hints about Norah's whereabouts. It was so heartbreaking for Rory and me. You can't imagine how much this hurt us."

Katherine and Max glanced at each other and were trying so hard to remember if there were any indices when they had adopted Emma in October 2010.

"I'm so sorry Logan. I can't really think of anything...oh wait a moment. She wore a necklace with a golden heart. When I opened it, there were two letters engraved. Unfortunately Norah ruined it accidentally when she was about three or four years old. I'll be right back." Katherine jumped up from the couch, hurried into her master bedroom and came back after a few minutes with a broken necklace. Logan and Rory's heart almost stopped when they saw the necklace. They knew that necklace. They had given both girls that necklace.

Rory closed her eyes and her heart almost teared apart. It was so hard for her. So unbelievably hard. 
With shaky hands, Katherine put the necklace on the coffee table. Logan hesitantly reached out for the necklace. With wavering hands Logan opened the golden heart and the two letters blurred in front of his eyes.

"That's..oh my god I don't know what to say, Logan. This seems to me like a bad nightmare. I mean we finally found her after such a long time and if we had known that the truth was within our grasp and we had no idea. I mean, who would have ever thought that Odette's father could be so vicious?" Rory said and could barely hold her tears, which were pooling in her eyes back.

"Babe, I know," Logan said. Silently, he wondered how much pain he and Rory still could endure. It was such a long, exhausting day with so many emotions. Logan took Rory's face into his hands, looked deep into her eyes, and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead.

Rory closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "She barely looked at me when I was hugging her about half an hour ago. What if we can't build a relationship or when she hates me? I mean I'm so desperate I wished it had never happened that Norah was kidnapped. I would have given anything for it. "