Chapter 58 London get ready

My beloved fans, I'm so sorry that it took me so long to write another chapter. The last few weeks were pretty challenging for me at work and my evening classes at school. But soon it'll be over and then I can concentrate on writing :-) But anyway, thank you for your support, faith, and, of course, your loyalty towards me. And a big thank you to my amazing beta reader amys99999 you did a great job. And now I don't want to let you wait any longer and please feel free to leave a comment after reading. It would be a blast. Thanks in advantage. 

The next few minutes seemed like hours to everyone in the room. Logan ran his hands through his blond hair and tried to take in the news. "Then... I'd say I'll call Colin and Finn right now that they should meet us at the airport to get the private jet ready," Logan cleared his throat and picked up his iPhone to send his friends and a WhatsApp message.

"Okay, and I'll call Shira right now to come to the hotel with Grace, Jacob, and Nathalie. Excuse me for a moment, please..." said Mitchum, standing up and leaving the room. "Good idea, Norah, honey? I know this whole situation is anything but easy for you right now. But remember, you can talk to all of us anytime. No matter what it's about, okay?", Rory said, who was still sitting next to her daughter, trying to get through to her.

"I know Ro...Mom," she amended, giving her a small smile. "But I hope I can take Luna with me to Hartford, or...do any of you have allergies to cats? And Bruce will surely find a place at Grandma's Lorelai's inn, right?"

"Don't worry about that, Norah; I'm sure Coco will be happy to have a new pal at home to play with. And I'm sure mom won't mind taking in another horse to the inn, right mom?" Rory replied and then turned to her mother with a questioning look.

"No, not at all. Bruce will be fine at the Dragonfly Inn Norah. You don't have to worry about anything, okay? I guess we should get ready. Come on, sweets," Lorelai said and gave her granddaughter an encouraging smile.

"And mom, we have to stop by our place before we're heading to the airport. I don't have any spare clothes here now and...""You don't have to worry about that, sis; I'm sure we have the same dress size and taste..." Nathalie spoke up with a slight smile on her lips as she stood in the suite with her two other siblings, Grace and Jacob.

"Hey, where did you come from all of a sudden?" Norah greeted them a bit surprised, got up from the couch, and walked towards her twin sister. "Gramps called grandma and said that we should get back to the hotel asap. I don't know more, but I guess you know more than I and the rest of us, right?" Nathalie said, looking at her sister worriedly.

"Yeah, that's true, but I guess I should put on new clothes...." Norah mused, and before her twin sister could say anything, Logan cleared his throat, "Nathalie, I know you and your siblings want answers, but right now, we're in a kind of hurry.
We're going to the airport to fly to London. I promise to answer all of your questions when we're on the plane. Pinky promise.""Okay, dad. Norah, if you want, I can show you some of my clothes. Come on.." she said and tried her best to keep calm. She knew that it wouldn't be good to contradict her father in this situation. So, she went with her sister to her room.

A few minutes later, the two sisters were in Nat's room. Nathalie angrily threw her clothes out of the suitcase and mumbled some unintelligible words to herself. 

Norah looked at her sister and understood that Nathalie was pissed, but she also knew something else must have happened.
She had never seen Nat so annoyed. Usually, she was a cheerful person with a calm temperament. "Schatzi?" Norah gently asked, taking a few steps towards her and laying her arms around Nat's shoulders.

Nathalie looked sadly at her sister, and immediately the anger fizzled out. "Everything seems to have fallen apart, Norah. 

Mom, but especially dad, have pushed me to my limits the last few days. I told you about Jason when we were at your favorite music store two days ago, didn't I?" she began hesitantly, sitting down on the bed and looking at her sister with a worried facial expression.

Norah sat down on the bed next to her sister, reaching for her hand once again. "Yes, of course, I'm looking forward to me ..""Meeting him? Sorry to disappoint you. I had to break up with him..." Nathalie finished her sister's sentence and told the conclusion of the story while trying to suppress her tears. "What, don't tell me that mom and dad asked you to do that? I just can't and won't imagine that..." she asked, looking at her sister stunned.

"That's exactly what they did. I still can't quite believe that I'm not with him now. You know, I always thought that mom and dad liked Jason in some way. But the worst part for me was that he beat me to it. 

He broke up with me because he met a new girl. The funniest thing for me was that he blamed our parents and me for his dad's disappearance. Whatever that means, I don't have a good feeling about it. Do you think I should tell mom or dad?" Nathalie questioned and shot a worried glance towards her sister.

"Well, if I were you, I would talk to them about it. The whole thing seems pretty strange to me, too. I mean, what on earth makes him think that our family is to blame for his dad's disappearance?"

"You're probably right..but I finally want to know why dad still hasn't told me why I had to break up with Jason. He was pretty nervous when he was talking to me about it two days ago. I've never seen dad nervous before, but he seemed pretty insecure then. What do you think I should talk to dad about those strange WhatsApp messages? Or should I wait until we're on the plane? I mean, I don't want to..."

"Upset me more? Nathalie, I know you want answers, but you're hiding something from me. I already know you too well to be fooled by you," Logan cleared his throat as he suddenly stood in the room looking at Nathalie with concern.

"Oh, hi dad..erm yes, you know me too well. It's... it's about Jason. I know you've told me before that sometimes it's better not to know everything. But I've been wondering why Jason blames me, you, and mom for his dad was leaving Hartford without a trace and not leaving a note for him and his mom."

Logan was speechless and shook his head in disbelief. Surely none of this could be true. Did Nat's ex-boyfriend know more than he was willing to admit?
"Dad?" asked Nathalie in a small voice, looking at him with a sad smile.
"So let's start over. Jason texted you that it was your fault? When? Can I read the message, sweetie?" inquired Logan, trying his best to suppress his anger for now. He didn't want to scare his daughters. But he needed to see for himself. "Sure, dad. Here you go," she said, unlocking her iPhone and handing it to her dad. "Thanks, Dolly..", he said, opened WhatsApp, and was reading the last message from Tristan's son.

"You're welcome, dad, and maybe we should involve mom too? What do you think?" "Yeah, that would be an awesome idea," Logan said distractedly as he stared at the phone. "Ace? Would you mind coming to Nat's room? I have to show you something," he called after her. Rory appeared in the doorway a few moments later. A caring smile laid on her lips when she saw her daughters sitting on the bed. "Hey, girls, Logan, so tell me what's the matter?" she looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Here. This message was written by Jason a few days ago. Do you know what I'm thinking now?" "Yeah, I guess you should give agent Delany a call.
They should talk to Jason again. Maybe he knows more than he wanted to tell the agents.." she murmured while Nathalie was watching them.

"Agents? What's going on? Dad, mom, please talk to us," Nat asked. "Nathalie, it's so hard to tell you and your sister about it."

Norah was still sitting on her bed observing her dad with a funny feeling in her gut while she was looking for a comfortable outfit for the flight from Vienna to London. Even though this whole situation was challenging, she was looking forward to meeting her grandparents and her favorite aunt Stella and her uncle Alex.
She took a navy blue dress from the bed. "I guess I'm heading to the bathroom. I'll be right back.." she said, her eyes darting back and forth between her sister and parents.
"Wait for a moment, Norah. I guess we have to tell you now what's exactly going on. Our flight arrives in 2 and a half hours.
That's enough time to tell you why we're so anxious about you and Nathalie. But we don't know if you and your sister can cope with the current bad news. Especially for you, Nathalie, it won't be easy. We don't want to hurt you." "Dad, mom, I know you mean well, and we're old enough; please tell us the truth," Norah begged her mom before Nat could say anything.