Prolog part 5

Thanks for waiting my dearest readers and I hope you'll like the next part :)

"When dad? I mean I know that you and mom are hiding something from us.", she inquired and was concerned although, it was nothing new for Nathalie and her siblings that her parent's behavior was odd on every 14th of April. Logan almost regretted what he said.

"That's your mom and me's concern ok. But I promise we will tell you one day," he replied and looked seriously at his daughter.

"Alright dad and is it okay if Jason comes to the lunch dinner at 12 o'clock? Please daddy!" Nathalie clamored with her eyelashes, pushing her bottom lip pouting forward and looking at her father with a heart-rending look.

"My dearest Doll I don't know if this is a good idea to invite him and besides, I think you're still too young to have a boyfriend," Logan said, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Come on dad, I'm not your little girl anymore." Nathalie giggled softly to herself and twisted her eyes.

"I know, but I'm not really happy about it that you're growing up so fast..", he murmured and took a glance at his morning newspaper.

"Logan Darling, may I remind you that we were young too?" Rory cleared her throat and looked at her husband with raised eyebrows.

"But Rory that was such a long time ago." Logan justified.

"I know babe, and when I think about it that you had a crush for Alyssa Milano that - was so incredibly sweet.
But I don't mind that Jason is coming today, he's a really nice guy and I think you'll like him too. Just give him a chance please." Rory smiled at him softly.

"Well there was only one woman who caught my heart and that was you Ace." Logan sighed

"Ok, I'll give up. Jason can come, Nathalie," he replied with a big grin on his face and observed his daughter.

Rory didn't mention anything and was happy for her daughter that Logan changed his mind.
She knew too well that it wasn't easy for her husband to accept that she won't be longer his little girl.

His Dolly. Nathalie was a huge fan of the movie "Hello Dolly" that's why Logan always called her Doll. She could even repeat the whole dialogues from the movie and admired Barbra Streisand a lot.

She nearly had all movies in which Barbara played the leading roles in the movies.

The 14-year-old girl looked at her father puzzled and then happiness began to radiate all over her face.

"Thanks, dad this is the best birthday present ever, thank you for giving him a chance.
You won't regret it!" she began to ramble and her eyes were full of joy and happiness.

Logan nodded and was glad that his oldest daughter was happy on her big day. All that he wanted was that his beautiful Nathalie was happy on her birthday.

Even if this day was hard for him and Rory. The last years were full of sorrow, grief, but also happy moments.

Neither he nor Rory would ever have believed that after Norah's disappearance, that they would have Grace and Jacob.

For him, it was an enormous shock when Rory was pregnant with Grace only two years after she had the twins. And when Nathalie was 8 and Grace was 6, Jacob Elias came into their life. All of his family were so precious to him and always his first priority.
He couldn't imagine life without his kids and Rory of course. Logan was so proud of her how she was handling the whole family life.
She was a strong personality and he loved her more than life itself.

"Daddy? Will you watch Finding Nemo or Cars with me after breakfast?
Please, that would be so great. Or do you have to work?", Jacob asked his father after a few minutes had passed.

"If Nathalie is ok with that little fin, but before we watch one of your favorite movies I just have to call grandpa Mitchum" Logan smirked and Rory was glad that he calmed down.
She grabbed his hand and squeezed it before she put her empty dish in the kitchen sink.

"Ok, daddy. Nathalie is it ok when we're watching some Disney movies on your birthday?", asked Jacob, the family's youngest member.

"That's a pretty cool idea, Jake." She agreed. "Yay daddy she said yes. So can I go to the living room please?", he replied, got up from his chair and was jumping up and down.

"Sure but before you go to the living room please brush your teeth ok? And I don't want to hear any excuses!", Logan answered and looked at his son seriously.

"Bu..ok dad I'll brush my teeth now. See you later.", he sighed and went to the bathroom.

"Yeah see ya. Well, I'm going to call Dad in the office. I'll be back in a few minutes.", Logan said, getting up from his chair and without realizing, the photo of Norah slipped out of his pocket. The picture landed beside Nathalie's chair. His daughter picked it up and turned it over. She frowned as she looked at the picture.

"Dad why do you carry a picture of me in your pocket?" she asked a little confused and looked at her father's face. Logan immediately stopped dead in tracks. Turning around, he took the photo out of Nathalie's hands and suddenly the picture tore in half.