4. Chapter Sister Bonding

Hello my dearest readers, I'm so terribly sorry that it took me such a long time to post the next chapter. I was very busy and tried the best to rewrite the chapter and I know I'm not perfect at writing, but I'm getting better from time to time. And now I'm posting the 4th chapter hope you had fun and btw I change some parts of the wording because some mistakes were in my story. *movie quoting Forrest Gump and Philadelphia

Emma was sitting in her bedroom on the window sill. Today was a beautiful but also exhausting day for her.

All her friends, relatives and her family had been celebrating her 14th birthday. She had gotten so many birthday gifts. Among them were some shopping vouchers for her favorite shops,new CDs from her sister Sophie and a new MacBook Air for school from her parents because Emma's old notebook didn't work anymore

And yet it seemed to her as if her parents had behaved differently today. Both of them had disappeared several times in the afternoon. Was something going on again?
She would definitely be happy about it if her parents reunited. After all, they had been divorced for 12 years now.

Emma sighed as she stroked the soft fur of her cat Luna. "Oh Luna you know sometimes I wonder what is going on with my mom lately.The last few weeks she has been acting so odd and I don't know why.
What do you think should I ask her what's going on or not? " Emma asked her cat while she looked at her owner with big eyes attentively.

Maybe a little distraction would help her to forget the mess in her head. So Emma decided to get one of her old photo albums from the bookshelf.

After she had taken one of the albums she took a seat again on the window ledge and began to flicked through the album, but it didn't really help Emma to settle down. So she put the photo album on the shelf again and went back to the windowsill.

"Can I come in?", she heard the voice from her elder sister. "Sure come in Sophie."Emma said as her 18 year old sister entered the room. "Hey little munchkin everything ok with you?"Sophie said, closing the door behind her and sat down on her sister's bed.

"I don't know Sophie, I'm just a little irritated about mom and dad. They kept disappearing this afternoon. Do you think something's going on with them, could they be reuniting?" Emma shrugged her shoulders, looking questioningly at her older sister.

"I don't think so Em. How about a long movie night? We can have a large pizza delivered and watch our favorite movies on Netflix." Sophie proposed.

"Well I only say. *Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. I know the movie is 29 years old now, but I can't get enough of this masterpiece of movie." Emma smirked and Sophie began to laugh.

"What do you call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean?*", Sophie continued grinning with the quoting.

"A good start *. My dear sister. So it's Forrest Gump and Philadelphia. I'm really in the mood for movies with Tom Hanks but we need one or two romantic movies.
How about Sleepless in Seattle and You've got Mail then it would be a perfect evening and not to forget all the sweets like Twix, gummy bears and troppy fruits.", suggest Emma with a satisfied smile on her lips and tucked a strand of blond hair behind her ear.

"That's pretty cool oh and by the way, today I got my confirmations via mail from Princeton, Yale and Stanford.
But please don't tell mom and dad. I'd like to surprise them after my graduation from school this year. I'm so glad that it's finally over. The last years had gone so fast." Sophie told her younger sister and grinned from one ear to another.

"What", asked Emma and looked at her puzzled.

"This fall I will get to attend one of the best colleges in America. The only thing that makes me sad is that I will not see you as often Emma," she repeated one more time. "Oh my gosh sweetie. That's great. I'm so proud of you.
It was always your dream to go to Dad's homeland and especially to one of the greatest colleges in America.", Emma chattered, got up from the window sill and bounced up and down like a rubber ball.

"Whoa missy keep calm. Come on let's go to the living room and please don't say a word to our parents ok?" she smiled at her little sister.
"Ok I promise and I can't imagine that you're going to America. I'm so jealous." Emma answered her with a wide grin.

"Me either, but you can visit me in Yale or New Haven in the holidays and I can always come home. Let's go watch our movies and I suppose I had already decided that I'm going to choose Yale. Afterwards I would like to go to Harvard Medical School like dad did years ago." Sophie considered with a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Dad would be thrilled about it Sophie" Emma responded and hugged her elder sister for a moment.

Sophie had a soft smile on her lips and was so glad that she had Emma in her life. Sure there were a lot of arguing but at the end they were siblings and she couldn't imagine a better sister than Emma.

"Yes, and don't forget that I'm very proud of you too. I love you Emma and now let's go before the night is over!" winked the dark haired girl. "You're right, and I love you too Sophie", Em nodded and was heading into the living room with her elder sister.