16. Chapter The Secret is revealed

I'm so grateful for the help from so many people like @LindaProsser1, @ClaudiaCleland, and @SamanthaLloyd225 :) this chapter had taken more time than I had thought but finally, the latest chapter is ready for posting.

"Grandma, Jason, is one of the most fascinating boys I've ever met. He reminds me a little of James Dean in the movie Rebel Without a Cause. He also likes to read, is intelligent, sporty and of course, he's adventurous too.", Nathalie began to speak and looked at her grandmother with a dreamy smile.

"That's really cool Nathalie. Is he older than you?", she questioned and looked at Nathalie curiously.

"Well, he's only 4 months older than me Grandma and I love his blue-grey eyes and he's definitely more exciting than all the other guys I've met," Nathalie continued.

"This reminds me a little bit about a boy, called Tristan. He went with your mother in the same classes at Chilton.."

"Really? I didn't know that. Mom had never mentioned a guy named Tristan," Nathalie answered.

"Yeah, he always called her Mary and she nicknamed him Bible boy," Lorelai adds smiling.

"It's good that Jason and I have so many things in common but it gets really complicated too. It's just, I like him so much and I don't know how to show him without embarrassing myself."

While Lorelai was listening to the rambling of her granddaughter she smiled. She was happy for her oldest granddaughter and could only hope that this boy would open his eyes and see what a wonderful girl Nathalie was.

"Well, I don't know Jason as well as you do but have you just tried asking him or even seeing if a mutual friend can find out if he likes you as more than a friend, remember I am the guru. Just remember that life is short and you can't live it fully if your too scared to take a risk at some point in time. And always remember that we, your family, are all in your corner." Lorelai encourages her granddaughter.

"I know but sometimes life can be really complicated too," Nathalie sighed and got up from the bench.

"That's right sweets, but you're an amazing young girl. Sometimes it seems like it was yesterday when I saw you for the first time, in a pink blanket, rosy cheeks." She grinned.

"I m so glad that you're my grandma, I couldn't imagine a better grandmother than you."

"Thanks, I'm flattered honey now let's go..", Lorelai cleared her throat, and together they walked to the inn.

Lorelai was overcome with anger and grief but tried to hide it from Nathalie. She never wanted her eldest granddaughter to know about this secret.

This secret would upset Nathalie's life and that's exactly what she wanted to avoid. Sooner or later, the truth would come out and when it does then she hoped that her daughter and Logan have a satisfying answer to Nathalie's questions.

15 minutes later, they arrived at the Dragonfly Inn. "Honey, why don't you go see Sookie? I still have to make a few phone calls," Lorelei suggested to her when they were in the entrance hall.

"All right, Grams. See you later..." she nodded smiling.

"Yeah sweets..", she sighed, and left her granddaughter all alone by herself. Nathalie strolled through the inn and just before reaching the kitchen she passed by her grandmother's private office.

Nathalie entered the room and closed the door behind her. She looked around the office and found some dusty photo albums lined up on the bookshelf.

The albums were arranged chronologically, carefully she took one of the photo albums from the shelf and was surprised when she opened the first page of the album.

On the first page of the album was a sonogram of two babies. Below the picture was written baby A and baby B, dated 10 January 2010. With an unpleasant feeling, Nathalie turned to the next page.

In the next moment, the young girl's heart almost stopped when she saw the picture. It was precisely the same picture her father had in his pocket before she accidentally tore it in the middle.

Could it really be that she was a twin? And if that were true, why did her parents never tell her that she had a twin sister?

No, it couldn't be! She was an only child and she couldn't and wouldn't believe it that her parents would betray her and siblings for 14 years?!

She closed the photo album and decided to ask her grandmother and Sookie if they knew anything about this photo.

Nathalie took the photo album in her hands and headed off to the kitchen.

When Nathalie entered the kitchen, she smiled when she saw Sookie standing in front of the cookbook, immersed in her thoughts.

"Hi, Sookie!" Nat greeted her with a big grin. "Hey Nathalie, well, this is a big surprise. Good to see you again. How you're doing, sweetheart?" Sookie asked her, as she turned around.

"I'm fine, Sookie, and how are things with you? I see you're about to bake something. Could it be that you're making my favorite carrot cake? Oh, please, that would be so cool Sookie!" Nathalie squealed

"Oh, I'm fine, and I was just about to start baking your cake. If you want, we can bake it together?" she suggested to her making Nathalie laugh.

"Seriously me and cooking Sookie?! By the way, I wanted to ask you something.

I found some old photo albums in Gram's office. In this album, there is the same photo that Dad always carries with him. Do you know this little baby, that is laying next to me?" Nathalie shook her head, put the photo album on the work surface, reopened the second page and pointed on the baby picture.

"Of course, honey, that's your sister Norah...", it burst out of Sookie without thinking what she would trigger in Nathalie with that answer.

Nathalie stared at Sookie with her eyes wide open and couldn't believe it. She had been right about her suspicions. Nathalie wasn't an only child. Somewhere out there lived her twin sister Norah without knowing that she had a sister.

When Sookie realized what she had said, she looked at her with a terrified gaze. "Nathalie, let me..."

"What's going on here?" Lorelai interrupted when she came into the kitchen with a relieved grin.

"Maybe you can explain why you and my parents haven't told me about my twin sister, Norah?!" Nathalie asked her grandmother in a sharp voice as she tried to control herself.