Jealous of your family [4]

Start from the beginning

She slows down her breathing. Her face was completely flushed red.

"I—I don't know yes? No?!" I unconsciously laughed at her embarrassed stuttering state.

"Are you making fun of me?" Ginny asked no longer stuttering but instead offended. Quickly I bring my hands up defensively.

"No, no, no! I wasn't!"

"Yes, you were! I was you laughing!" She yelled softly, not to wake everyone else up.

"No, Ginny! I wasn't—I was just thinking that it's cute—" She cut me off.

"Cute!? You're making fun of me!" Ginny got up from her bed and was about to leave the room before I grabbed her arm yanking her back.

"Ginny I'm sorry if it came out that way I was just trying to say that—if you did like my cousin I support you."

Ginny gives me a questioning look before returning back to her bed, she motions for me to continue.

"I was just saying that—it might be selfish for me to say this but I really do love your family and if you and Harry were together then that means..." I trail off looking down.

"In-laws?" She blushed finishing my thoughts.

My face goes red.

"I—maybe? Kind of?—I know that's stupid." Ginny holds my hand, "It's not stupid."

I smiled.

"Thanks," She takes my hands in hers.

"It's just that your family." I take a deep breath before continuing, "I guess that I'm actually really jealous." Her eyes widen.

"Why?"

"They love each other," I mutter.

"Surely, your family loves you as well, right?" She asked.

I stayed silent.

"Melody?" Unknown to me a small tear escapes my eye. Ginny gasps as she runs across the room to grab a tissue.

"Here," I thank her, taking the tissue and wiping my eyes.

"No." I finally answer, "I really don't think they love me. My parents think I'm a freak for being a witch. They basically disowned Harry and I. My brother, I think he cares about me but I don't know if he loves me actually." I sniffle.

"I know I have it easier than Harry but I guess it just hurts more knowing that they're my parents. That's such an awful thing to say, especially knowing that he doesn't have his parents," I place my head in my hands.

"Sometimes I envy that because at least he knows that his parents sacrificed everything to protect him." Ginny holds me causing myself to start weeping in her arms.

Although I was a full year older than her, she was comforting me.

"Damn I'm such a baby cry. Thank you for listening to me." Ginny shakes her head.

"No, it fine. I'm happy you told me."

"I actually haven't told Hermione this yet." Ginny smiles.

"I feel honored." We snicker.

"Also can you not tell your parents about this?" She raises an eyebrow.

"About what?"

"About what's happening with Harry's and I's home life?" Before she could protest I quickly add, "Please, it's for me and Harry we just don't want people knowing about it. And there's not much anyone can do about it. Only Ron, Hermione, and I guess now the twins."Ginny reluctantly nods.

"Okay."

"I guess we should get to bed," I suggest, making my way towards my bed Ginny voice calls out again.

"I don't know if you know this but there are some spells for facemask so...—if you want to do them? With me or...not" My eye is brighten in excitement as I give her the biggest grin I could.

"Yeah! Only if you let me put soft curls in your hair tomorrow." She nodded excitedly.

I can't wait until Ginny goes to Hogwarts so that she, Hermione, and I can have a girl's night like this every night. Ginny really growing on me.

She's like a little sister I never had.

What I didn't know was she felt the exact same way. Instead of a little sister I was her older sister, the one she never had.

Sisters...I like that.

♡♡♡

———————————
——————-
———-

-

To those who think that Melody wanting Ginny and Harry to be together too fast, remember this is Melody's first taste of a real family. So when she saw that Ginny liked Harry she thought of that as the Weasley's actually becoming her family.

Don't forget to wash your hands!

___