Problematic 「Kari」

"Got her!" I yelled, pounding my feet up the steps, only to be met by an embrace.

"My darling!" The masculine voice cried, grasping me tighter.

"W-what..?" I managed to breathe as a gasped for air. "Who are you?"

He pushed me back, his hands on my shoulders, and smiled.

"What..?" He asked "I'm your daddy, squirt. Did I change that much? You're the one who ran away anyway, so I'd think you'd change."

I gulped, holding back my tears. I didn't want him to be here, not right now. I didn't want them back in my life, him or my mom. What I felt with them was nothing compared to what I had experienced here, with Skie. I was welcomed here, respected here, and loved here. Sure, my parental figure wasn't the kindest, but she had a soft side if you could get deep enough. And even with Skie, I couldn't leave her. What we had together was special. Sure, I had denied it all this time, but now when I think about having to leave her, it hurts on the inside. I don't want to be separated from her. We have a bond together, something I'd never had experienced before. This burning sensation inside of me that made me want to be close to her, to snuggle with her, to hold her in my arms, to tease her in anyway possible, and even to kiss her. At first, I had hated myself for it, but I had grown to accept that it was now a part of me.

"Earth to Kari!" My dad yelled, waving his hand in the way of my view.

"Oh- sorry. What did you need?" I asked innocently.

"I asked if you were ready to go." He smiled. "Your mom has been on edge since you left. She'd like to see you. Plus, we wouldn't want to be a burden to these nice people."

"Oh- it's fine. She's not-" Skie started, her voice cracking. I looked over to see her watery eyes which pained me. I didn't want to see her like this. I smiled to her, trying to cheer her up, only receiving a weakly forced grin in return.

I sighed, redirecting my line of sight to my father, who continued to shine brightly with joy.

"Give me a sec." I muttered gently pushing him aside and coming face to face with Skie.

"Don't cry," I exhaled, wiping a tear from her eye. "Please."

"Then don't go, dumbass." She countered, sniffling.

I giggled at her statement, cupping my hands around her cheeks.

"One more?" I smirked nervously, considering my surroundings.

"Sur-" she managed to free before I secured the space between us, savoring the taste of her lips for one last time as we kissed. She mumbled something between our contact that I couldn't perceive, too absorbed in the moment to care, that is, until I came to my senses.

"Oh-"

~

[A/N]: lol hi. How was that for a chap? Hue hue. What's gonna happen? QotD: who said "Oh-"? I wonder~ hahahaaaa. How will Skie's mom react? How will Kari's dad react? Who is Kari's mom? Who is Skie's dad? Does Skie even have a dad? Where's Preston? Hahaha jk about Preston. Nobody likes him. Answer the questions and I give you cake •3•