Breeze 「Kari」

I clamped my hands together, calming my nerves and slyly sighing. The fact that we all would have some form of punishment made me feel better, although they may not be completely equal. Alex deserved to be in severe trouble, and I didn't care if it meant me having to tag along.

"So..." Alex mumbled. "What do we have to do..?"

The principal's face lit up as she spoke, as if the fact that she had asked meant the world to him.

"Well..." He started, forming his calm face into a cheerful one. "We received some information regarding the local volunteer work supervisors, begging for more workers..." He cleared his throat, taking in a gulp of air. "So we decided to send you three to work there after school for this semester. It doesn't seem like much of a punishment, sure, but once you have to get dirty, you'll feel punished." His grin had turned into a smirk as the last words rolled off his lips. "Oh- and it starts today."

I looked over to Skie, who was sitting there, neither excited nor saddened. I felt bad for her having to work, when she was the only one who didn't do anything that could be used against her, but I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she looked when she was in this state.

"Where is it?" I managed to ask, hoping to not be glared at because of my sudden entry into the conversation.

"Great question!" He exclaimed, as if this was some competition between who was the most desperate for answers. "We were told that it's just going to be trash cleanup at the park for today." He smiled. "Not too hard for you girls, right?"

"Ah- no sir." I smiled back. "Thanks."

We each left the room separately, one following the other in just a span of a few minutes, and we each arrived at the park around the same time. There were very few people there, seeing it was quite undesirably cold outside, which would make it easier to clean up litter without it being immediately replaced by another piece. I sighed, grabbing the bag I was provided and began to pick a few pieces up, creating a rhythm as I went to pass the time.

I was completely absorbed within the beat I had been producing for what seemed like hours, until it was suddenly disrupted by a tap on my shoulder.

"Oh, hey Kari!"