Sensations 「Skie」

"Now seriously, I'm going to sleep." I mumbled, my eyes almost closing on their own. "Goodnight."

"Well, then I'm joining you." Kari grinned, hopping towards the sleeping bags almost immediately.

"Wait till Alex is asleep at least." I sighed, sliding into my own sleeping bag and zipping it up before she had a chance to slip in. "Or at least till your mom goes to her room, wherever that is."

"It's just down the hall. Maybe two or three doors down, not too far."

"But I thought that was your room?" I asked, a bit confused at this point.

"Well- yeah, it was." She smiled awkwardly, scratching her head. "We shared a bed while we lived here, and Dad always stayed in a hotel near his building since the drive was a long one."

"Why didn't you just move closer then? Wouldn't that be easier?"

"My dad didn't want to risk having anyone meet him at his door every day he woke up, so he distanced himself from work and always tried to sneak home without catching too much attention. He was a big thing according to my mom, and he certainly does seem to be with the ladies."

"That's harsh." I scolded, turning under the thin sheet of fabric. "Maybe he doesn't try to be."

"Oh, he tries." She spat sarcastically. "Real hard. He was flirting with other women even when he was with my mother, right in front of her."

"Maybe he had mommy issues then. Who knows."

"He came from a wealthy family. I doubt he cared about anything like that."

"Rich people have hearts, too, you know."

"Just shut up and let me get in bed with you." She huffed, squatting beside the cloth bag, fiddling with the zipper.

"Not yet!" I muttered frustratedly, forcing my hand over the linked plastic to stop her from pulling the zipper down any farther than she had already. "Have some patience!"

"You don't have the right to control me when you're offering yourself to me, alright?"

~

[A/N]: baaaaaah I'm a sheep. anyway, hi! Long time no see! Sorry for being a lazy pooper and doing like 2 day updates now. It's just from all the chaos happening in life right now wah. I'll try to get into gear!

Sorry for any mistakes!