Frozen 「Kari」

I woke up cold, sprawled out in the sleeping bag alone. My eyes were directly being stabbed by sunlight, which was a pain, and my ankle hurt probably from sleeping on it wrong.

"Well, mornin'." Alex waved to me as I looked towards the couch. "You slept for a while."

"Where's Skie?" I asked, trying to keep my face as serious as possible although my bedhead probably made me look like an idiot.

"Shower." She muttered. "She was going to wait for you to get up but she said she got bored."

"Whatcha watching?" I asked, glancing at the television. The credits were already rolling, which didn't help, but I guessed it'd be nice to try to start conversation.

"Just finished an episode of Adventure Time." She smiled. "You probably know it. It's an American show."

"Yeah, I've heard of it. Care if I join?"

"Nah, it's fine."

We sat through over half of another episode before Skie finally emerged from the washroom with her hair damp and her body covered with a pair of jeans and one of the graphic tee's I had gotten her.

"Lookin' good!" I winked playfully, shooting her a thumbs up.

"Oh hi-" She started, before realizing what I had said, causing a blush to rush into her cheeks. "T-thanks."

"Want to do anything today?" I asked, smiling as I spoke.

"I dunno. Your mom said something about getting us enrolled in a school nearby."

"Damn it, I thought she'd forget." I sighed, burying myself into the sleeping bag. "I don't want to have to wake up early every day again."

"I think it'd be fun. American schools are fun, aren't they?"

"Not at all."

~

[A/N]: SO THEY GO TO SCHOOL EH? Sounds familiar haha. Shh there will be plot soon babies

Sorry for any mistakes!