Return 「Kari」

We arrived at the house rather quickly, knocking on the door just once before my mother opened it, determined to hug us all.

"I was so worried!" She croaked, pulling me into her awkward embrace. I glanced to the side to see that Skie wasn't enjoying this either, which made me feel a bit better, but at the same time worse.

"W-we weren't gone that long..." I gasped in attempt to stable my breathing after having my lungs squished uncomfortably.

"A few hours at least! Any mother would be worried."

"I think you're just paranoid."

"I'm not!"

"Whatever."

I sighed sloppily, jogging over to the couch and plopping myself on it. It was already eight at night, and I was exhausted from the events from today, so I really wanted to sleep, but I dreaded having to do so with Skie.

I didn't know what kind of "relationship" we had right now, but I definitely felt that it'd be awkward if we ever were to talk again tonight.

"I-I'm going to sleep..." I mumbled, getting up from the couch and crawling towards the sleeping bag. "...I'm pretty tired."

"I think we all are." Alex commented, setting herself down into her chair. "I'll probably join you in a minute after I watch a bit of Netflix. Skie, are you joining?"

She mumbled an inaudible response, followed by the squeaking of the couch. I looked up to see her seemingly engrossed with the show Alex had chosen, although I occasionally caught her glancing at me.

Our eyes met only once, and I all could do was smile sheepishly as I saw a blush seep into her cheeks as she looked away, gripping the couch cushion.

I reached up to grab her hand, gently tapping her fingertips which earned me a sudden jerk from her before she realized it was me.

"Hey." I whispered, containing my smile best I could as I waved at her.

"Uh- h-hi."

~

[A/N]: I finished my book project in one day I'm super cool.

Sorry for any mistakes!