Lonely 「Kari」

I woke up to a surprising warmth. Moist lips, body overheated, it wasn't really comfortable. I opened my eyes to see the girl from last night, the one who had put me to bed, I assume. She was incredibly close to me, and when she realized I was awake, she pushed herself away from me, clearly caught off guard. All I could hear was the pounding of her feet as she ran into the hallway and down the stairs. Why was I on the floor anyway? I guess I had rolled off the bed, but it still confused me.

After taking some time to fully wake up, I finally climbed out of the messy bundle of blankets and walked into the hall. Before heading downstairs, I went to the restroom that the older woman had showed me last night, and proceeded to wash my face off to fully awaken me from me sleep. As my hand glided down my face, my lips seemed warmer than the rest of my body when contacted. They were so smooth, and I could taste a sweetness to them. I recognized this sweetness, seeing it tasted similar to candy. It was a little weird, but I rolled with it. It couldn't be harmful, right?

I headed downstairs to eat breakfast with my temporary family. While running through the living area towards the dining room, the scent of bacon and eggs played with my nose.
I loved american style breakfast.
I entered the kitchen to find it empty, with food already on the table. I plopped down in a chair and began eating, assuming that the others would join soon.

A few minutes later, the older woman walked through the entryway between the living area and the kitchen and sat down in the chair next to me. "Skie is coming," she spoke. "she just didn't feel good this morning and has been sitting in the bathroom for a while. I talked to her and she said she's feeling better." "T-that's good." I replied.
"So her name's Skie?"
"Yeah. A cute name, don't ya think?"
"Y-yeah..." I replied.
This was really awkward, like, the uncomfortable kind of awkward. I wanted Skie to hurry up so I wouldn't have to be alone with this lady anymore!

I heard thuds coming from upstairs. "Thank god!" I mumbled under my breath as I noticed Skie turn around the corner. Our eyes met for a short while until she quickly averted her gaze and blushed. "Sorry mom, but I-I'm not hungry. I'm not going to eat right now..." Skie's words echoed through the kitchen as she ran back upstairs and slammed the door to her room. Dammit! Why was she abandoning me again! I needed her to be a distraction but she just left me here! "I'm done eating, too." I said as I stood up from the table and struggled to walk up the stairs.

"Skie!" I yelled as I knocked on the door to her bedroom. "Can I come in? I want to talk with you, you know, get to know each other!" There was a long silence that rang throughout the house that was followed by a tick and the door to Skie's room slowly opening. I entered the room to see her sprawled out on her bed, motionless. "Hai.... Skie." I said nervously, as I approached the bed and sat on the edge. "C-can we talk?" There was another long moment of silence followed by a grunt and Skie struggling to sit up. "Sure." she spoke in a weak voice. Her eyes were red, most likely from crying.

"A-are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. Just. Can I ask you a question?"

"Ehh... Sure! Anything you want to know."

"W-what's your name?"

"You can call me Kari I guess, since that's what I go by."