Realization 「Skie」

He shuffled his feet nervously as his words fell from his lips, altering his gaze to the concrete.

"Oh." I mumbled, trying to place a face I might know to his name.

"Oooooh!" Kari exclaimed, hurting my ears and causing them to ring. "Is Katherine Ingram your mom?!"

"Ouch." I whined. "You're lou-"

"Yeah, she is." Preston interrupted, causing me to become slightly irritated. "How do you know her?"

"I saw her on the news." She started. "Something about business-y stuff. I wasn't really paying attention."

"Oh, yeah." He smiled confidently. "She works as the district court reporter and gets the attention of a lot of news teams because of her awesome work."

His level of pride made me want to gag. He was so boastful of the subject, and I was now determined to change it.

"Who's your dad?" I muttered, breaking their conversation.

"Ah-" he began, confused by my sudden charge within the conversation. "David. David Ingram. Why..?"

"Oh...okay." I inhaled, shortening my breathing and pulling myself away from my comfortable position against Kari. I was proud to see that he had a more unsuccessful side of his family, but the memories that his dad's name brought were unsettling.

"What's the matter?" She frowned, looking into the depths of my watery eyes.

"It's nothing." I smiled reassuringly, hoping to be able to leave without continuation.

"Liessss." She pouted. "Tell meeee."

I sighed in defeat, closing my eyes for a long while, only to open them to be welcomed by the eyes of Kari that were inches from mine.

"Pleaseeeee?" She begged, forcing her eyes to water up and placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Fineeeee." I groaned, politely motioning her hand off. "But first, we need to do something with Alex before she wakes up. We don't want the cops after us."

~

[A/N]: sorry for teh short chap yet again. It was hard to write because I felt like my eyes would fall shut any second. I'm so tired right now so I'm probably going to take a nap. I'll have to hold off our rainbow cookie party till tomorrow guys! Sorry!